X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space City Con - Jan. 2014 - B5 Reunion

Claudia posted this the other day:

Originally posted by Claudia Christian

January 2014, Houston Texas...I hear there's going to be another B5 reunion......
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...type=1&theater

This may or may not tie in with a Houston con where Jason, Tracy and Walter appeared this past weekend - Space City Con. I notice that they just announced dates for another con Jan. 3-5 but there aren't any guests listed yet.

Stay tuned. If anybody hears anything more, please post.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Claudia posted this the other day:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...type=1&theater

This may or may not tie in with a Houston con where Jason, Tracy and Walter appeared this past weekend - Space City Con. I notice that they just announced dates for another con Jan. 3-5 but there aren't any guests listed yet.

Stay tuned. If anybody hears anything more, please post.

Jan
    I would most certainly try to get there if it happens, even if I doubt it could beat the experience of Phoenix this year.
    Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

I saw this the other day and I hope it is true. Most of my family lives in Houston, so that trip would be a slam-dunk for me.
      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

DAMN! When I read the subject line, I thought it might be a movie. Damned hope keeps springing eternal when I'm caught off-guard. I keep playing Whack-A-Mole with hope.
        Mac Breck (KoshN)
        ------------------
        Warner Brothers is Lucy.
        JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
        Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

So far Claudia Christian, Mira Furlan and Bill Mumy are announced for Space City Con January 3-5, 2014 in Houston. So far only Claudia appears on their website but here's their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/SpaceCityCon.Houston

ETA: Marshall Teague and Julie Caitlin Brown also announced. I'd love to meet Marshall Teague!

Jan
          Last edited by Jan; 08-23-2013, 06:30 PM.
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I read not long ago an interview by Marshall Teague, he seems like an awesome guy! His Roadhouse recollection are priceless, as are is Talon ones. How many actors design their own swords??
            Heroes never die. They're only replaced by younger actors.

Comment

The latest guest list from Space City Con:

Babylon 5 guests announced so far (yes, there will be more...):

Claudia Christian - Susan Ivanova
              Mira Furlan - Delenn
              Bill Mumy - Lennier
              Andrea Thompson - Talia Winters
              Patricia Tallman - Lyta Alexander
              Tracy Scoggins - Elizabeth Lochley
              Julie Caitlin Brown - Na'Toth
              Marshall Teague - Ta'Lon

Shaping up nicely!

Jan

Comment

Mira Furlan - Delenn
                Bill Mumy - Lennier
                Marshall Teague - Ta'Lon

Shaping up nicely!

Jan
                Looks more and more like a *must go* to me. Just missing Bruce B, and it will have to be a *Go*

I have not yet seen Marshall Teague on the "official list", though he is mentioned on the FB page. Would certainly love to meet "Ta'Lon".
                Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

If the address is correct this just became a double slam dunk because I think my brother's new apartment is only about a mile a way. I could walk. LOL

Comment

As a poor student currently en route to Finland(Norwegian air has on board wi fi). There is no way, short of a Finnish lottery win or a kickstarter campaign (hint hint) that I could make this.
                    Sad panda
                    Still, enjoy yiusrlves. I shall be in the corner turning green
                    Phaze
                    On the "I have emigrated. First class at 06:00 Edt /05:00 central tomorrow*" ID

*don't worry, I am seven hours ahead of EDT
                    "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Mira Furlan - Delenn
                      Bill Mumy - Lennier
                      Marshall Teague - Ta'Lon

Shaping up nicely!

Jan
                      I'm glad to see some other cons taking note and bringing in more B5 guests. This will tie in nicely to the 20th Anniversary of the series launch.
                      Webmaster
                      SFTV.org
                      B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

Lots of new faces on this new graphic which announces their hotel:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...if_t=notify_me

Jan

Comment

I knew it was too good to be true. I certainly hope this is not what it reads like. Galveston is not Houston. It is around 50 miles away from the center of Houston and closer to 80 to 90 away from where most of my family live. If they are really having it there then that means I would have to drive all the way across Houston in terrible traffic and then a distance after I am out of the city.

If they really are having it in Galveston then anyone who is flying had better hope the hotel has a free shuttle. You would be looking at a cab ride of around forty miles if you are lucky enough to fly to the correct airport. Hobby Airport is on the Galveston side of Houston. It is a Southwest Hub, so fly Southwest. Most anything else would take you to George Bush Intercontinental Airport, which is the larger of the two. That would put you on the northern edge of Houston instead of the southeastern side of Houston where Hobby is as is the way to Galveston. Either way anyone planning to stay in Galveston better hope there is a free shuttle from those airports. If not you'll probably have to stay in Houston and rent a car to drive to Galveston everyday. Of course, I think Galveston has a small airport and it is a port, so you can always sail there.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                            Either way anyone planning to stay in Galveston better hope there is a free shuttle from those airports. If not you'll probably have to stay in Houston and rent a car to drive to Galveston everyday. Of course, I think Galveston has a small airport and it is a port, so you can always sail there.
                            There are probably shuttles, though I doubt very much that it would be free at that distance. Buy why stay in Houston when the event's at a nice hotel? Far easier to go over only once and back only once. From what I can tell, no major airlines fly into Galveston airport.

Jan
                            Last edited by Jan; 09-12-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Yeah I worded that incorrectly. I meant to say, "For those who do not want to pay the rates that the hotel will be charging for that weekend or for those looking for rooms after that hotel is full." I forgot to take into consideration that there are many hotels and motels on Galveston Island that I am sure will have reasonable rates during the winter months despite the fact that Galveston is a year round tourist destination. What can I say, it was a knee jerk reaction to the idea that this event has gone from something that might have been in walking distance to something that, depending on traffic, could take me 3 to 4 hours a day to drive to if I go everyday. And that is after I drive 900 miles to Houston.

Another important fact to point out is that NASA is between Galveston and Houston. Closer to Houston, but not far from Galveston.

Comment

Working...
                              X