X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looney
    replied
    WOW! That is a new bit I'd never heard before.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    No, JMS, but thanks to Jason Davis (Babylon 5 Preservation Project) for this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beata Pozniak.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	436.4 KB
ID:	163954

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    I got a direct response from the great maker himself.

Name:	image.png
Views:	36
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	163547

This is in reference to this: https://ghostbustersnews.com/2023/11...sters-episode/

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    From JMS overnight:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	BlueSky.jpg Views:	2 Size:	29.9 KB ID:	163532

ETA: I've got a small number of invite codes if anybody wants to PM me for one.
    Last edited by Jan; 11-24-2023, 06:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    A really beautiful message from Bruce Boxleitner to fans, new and old:
    Oh Captian! My Captian!If you have just started watching #Babylon5, have no fear! Our newbies are right there with you. If you have watched the series before...

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Oh did anyone see how there was nothing to report in the most recent Patreon post. Nothing at all.. ...

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Just to clarify, he gets a small cut if we click the above links to make the purchases?
    Quite small, but yes, that's my understanding. And that counts for anything, I think even some of that not-necessarily-licensed stuff. And that makes me glad.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Just to clarify, he gets a small cut if we click the above links to make the purchases?

Leave a comment:

• LateArrival
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    For folks who've been considering exploring All Things JMS, he posted last night that he's created a couple of affiliate links whereby he'll get a small cut from purchases.

First, for print-related items:
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=straczynski 😮

Next, for Babylon 5-related things:
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Babylon+5​ 😎

I've seen lots of people who wished that some part of their purchases would go back to the creator and this is a good plan.
    YAY. Since I have been too lazy... ....err.... Wisely Waiting to purchase B5 on Blu Ray or the hardcover version of The Glass Box, could use these links for purchasing!!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    COME ON JAN! What are you trying to do to me?!?!?!?!?! I don't need to know these things are out there for me to buy. I have no money!!!!! It took me 2 mins to buy 3 things. GEEZ!!!!!!
    Sorry - not-sorry, Looney!

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    COME ON JAN! What are you trying to do to me?!?!?!?!?! I don't need to know these things are out there for me to buy. I have no money!!!!! It took me 2 mins to buy 3 things. GEEZ!!!!!!
    Last edited by Looney; 10-20-2023, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    For folks who've been considering exploring All Things JMS, he posted last night that he's created a couple of affiliate links whereby he'll get a small cut from purchases.

First, for print-related items:

Next, for Babylon 5-related things:
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Babylon+5

I've seen lots of people who wished that some part of their purchases would go back to the creator and this is a good plan.
    Last edited by Jan; 10-20-2023, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    HA! I was about to make a post about how everyone is hiding from me. Then I realized I meant to and never responded to this. So now that things are starting to move again I certainly hope it is not long until we hear about a ROAD HOME Sequel. I do find it difficult to control myself. I've been in a few stores that have 4Ks and Blu-Rays on the shelves and I grab them out of instinct. But they are still so high and I have so many.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Naturally, ratification will have to go through but this looks hopeful finally.

Name:	WGA.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	163368

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    Here's what he had to say on his FB page about it:
    "ATTENTION BABYLON 5 FANS! YOU WANTED IT, YOU ASKED FOR IT, AND IT'S FINALLY HAPPENED! To celebrate B5's 30th Anniversary, Babylon 5: The Complete Series will be released ON BLU-RAY December 5, '23. Pre-orders can be placed STARTING TODAY via the retailer of your choice. (Just waiting for some of the online sites to catch up.)

To address some of the obvious questions: I wasn't directly involved with the release, so I don't know much more than you do or what's in the release/at the retail sites but I can add what little I do know: the release includes The Gathering (but not the movies or Crusade) because TG was our pilot (technically the first) episode, so it's a legit part of the series which fits the title mandate; the other movies were separate, and Crusade is a completely different series, so it doesn't belong in this box set.

This is essentially the same as the very nice 4:3 remaster done for HBO-Max, which matches the original broadcast, but putting it onto Blu-Ray increases the bitrate so it should look even better than it did there. WB wanted to include the commentaries but with everything else involved with this, it apparently wasn't feasible (that's the extent of what I was told, so I've no idea what that entails).

Since I'm not directly involved with the release, as with all things related to B5's distribution plans, I do not have any inside information concerning foreign releases or other languages. That's all on the Warners side, so please direct any inquiries in that direction.

Finally, for folks asking where they can find *a* link to where this is available...like all major studio releases, this will be made available to all the usual online places where you normally buy Blu-Ray disks. It will be rolling out to those sites starting today.

What matters most in all this is that after years of asking for a Blu-Ray release, which will make this show look more beautiful than it ever has before. Fans can now own the full series in pristine form on physical media without being held hostage by the whims of streamers. I'm very excited by this release, as it further assures the legacy of Babylon 5. Onward!"​

Leave a comment:

Working...
X