X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    JMS posted this like to an interview about his caree and #BecomingSupermanJMS. Quite a good conversational style, I thought.
    http://behindthebrilliance.com/198-j...l-straczynski/

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
    It's up to $7600.00.

Nevermind, it sold for $11,100. Good grief....
    I had no idea B5 had such wealthy fandom! That's nuts! .
    Last edited by Ubik; 01-30-2020, 06:31 AM. Reason: Gremlins

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I remember the feeder auction.n It was so cute in an ugly Na'ka'leen sorta way. Do you remember how much it finally sold for?

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post
    Well, this is pretty cool. For me, more exciting than the medal!
    Back when Joe had his first garage sale I wanted to get the Nakaleen feeder maquette which came with a similar meet and pick up. At the time I think it was around $1100.00 and while I had the money, my then wife (now ex) at the time was a bit shall we say conservative with how we spent it. I knew she wouldn't approve of such an extravagant purchase so I passed on even trying to get it. A few days after it was sold she saw me moping around the house and asked why. I told her. And she surprised me by saying that she would've had no problem with that kind of purchase especially since it came with a chance to have lunch with Joe as part of the deal. Stupid me. I missed out on the chance of a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I just saw that. Glad it wasn't a -0- feedback bidder!

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    It's up to $7600.00.

Nevermind, it sold for $11,100. Good grief....

Leave a comment:

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    Very true, though I like the medal. Then again, if I paid 4,550 $ for anything a cup of bonus coffee is the least I would expect.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    JMS has added a sweetener to the Line medal auction:
    Originally posted by JMS
    Added bonus: as a show of appreciation, if the winner is in (or can come to) LA, I will meet them for coffee and we can chat and I will hand over the medal personally. (Can send it first and do the meeting later if timing is an issue.) Ends soon.
    One day, nineteen hours to go.

Leave a comment:

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    There is a few of those plot points around, but I never figured the Deathwalker immortality serum to be one. To me it felt like a very good plotpoint to show of the Vorlons raising the younger races.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Here's an interesting thread on the writing of B5 and potential set-ups.

https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...80128139767810

Leave a comment:

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    It turned out to be the original Battle of the line medal. A great prop I must say, but alas, the price is bananas.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Ba...gDyeoXq7Sxw5xY

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post

Not interesting to you hardly means that it's not very interesting to a whole lotta other people. I'd go for it if I could afford it, for sure.
    Like you, I was just hoping it was something that pertained to the making of the show that we could all get a slice of. It's just hardly 'mind bending' when he's sold one before.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Am now convinced JMS is the master of hyperbole. Was hoping for something more interesting.
    Not interesting to you hardly means that it's not very interesting to a whole lotta other people. I'd go for it if I could afford it, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Am now convinced JMS is the master of hyperbole. Was hoping for something more interesting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X