X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoeD80
    replied
    He also mentioned on twitter that the rights would cost more than kickstarter had ever raised before...

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    A fan posted and asked JMS why it looked like there was not chance of JMS getting the rights to B5 (as he'd mentioned being in negotiations for):

Originally posted by Fans of J. Michael Straczynski
    We've been negotiating and trying to make this happen for over two years. Went from a promising start to bogging down and I don't think it'll happen at this stage.
    Jan

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    From Twitter:

Originally posted by JMichael Straczynski
    Enough with memes proclaiming "you are awesome" just because you got up that day and are sucking down air. DO something to EARN it.
    https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...58320934920192

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    This is embarrassing. I asked JMS a question and he answered it but I can't for the life of me remember exactly where the line he's talking about was used.

Originally posted by Jan Schroeder
    JMS, given how often your fans quote from your work, I got to wondering if you might have a quote or passage from your own work that you're particularly proud/fond of and what it is...whether we've seen it produced yet or not. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Fans of J. Michael Straczynski
    The line about telling the world "no, you move."
    I'm thinking it may not have been in his fiction? Anybody remember this?

ETA: A kind lurker (Hi, lurker! Thanks!) who saw this post reminded me that it was a conversation between Captain America and Spiderman during the Civil War storyline. JMS posted a link to this page: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...2758-page2.jpg

But it certainly bears typing out in full

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.

This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and tell the whole world--"No, you move."
    Jan
    (slinking away to turn in her fangirl card for not remembering that scene...)
    Last edited by Jan; 08-27-2013, 01:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Re-posted because I love "chronospatial nitwit"!

Originally posted by JMichael Straczynski
    When I was a kid, days passed like weeks; now week pass like days. What chronospatial nitwit is in charge here?
    Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X