X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMS has added a sweetener to the Line medal auction:
    Originally posted by JMS
    Added bonus: as a show of appreciation, if the winner is in (or can come to) LA, I will meet them for coffee and we can chat and I will hand over the medal personally. (Can send it first and do the meeting later if timing is an issue.) Ends soon.
    One day, nineteen hours to go.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Well, this is pretty cool. For me, more exciting than the medal!
      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ubik View Post
        Well, this is pretty cool. For me, more exciting than the medal!
        Very true, though I like the medal. Then again, if I paid 4,550 $ for anything a cup of bonus coffee is the least I would expect.

Comment

• It's up to $7600.00.

Nevermind, it sold for $11,100. Good grief....
          All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

• I just saw that. Glad it wasn't a -0- feedback bidder!
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ubik View Post
              Well, this is pretty cool. For me, more exciting than the medal!
              Back when Joe had his first garage sale I wanted to get the Nakaleen feeder maquette which came with a similar meet and pick up. At the time I think it was around $1100.00 and while I had the money, my then wife (now ex) at the time was a bit shall we say conservative with how we spent it. I knew she wouldn't approve of such an extravagant purchase so I passed on even trying to get it. A few days after it was sold she saw me moping around the house and asked why. I told her. And she surprised me by saying that she would've had no problem with that kind of purchase especially since it came with a chance to have lunch with Joe as part of the deal. Stupid me. I missed out on the chance of a lifetime.
              All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

• I remember the feeder auction.n It was so cute in an ugly Na'ka'leen sorta way. Do you remember how much it finally sold for?

Comment

• Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
                  It's up to $7600.00.

Nevermind, it sold for $11,100. Good grief....
                  I had no idea B5 had such wealthy fandom! That's nuts! .
                  Last edited by Ubik; 01-30-2020, 06:31 AM. Reason: Gremlins
                  Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

• JMS posted this like to an interview about his caree and #BecomingSupermanJMS. Quite a good conversational style, I thought.
                    http://behindthebrilliance.com/198-j...l-straczynski/

Comment

• Well, children, after many years we've got official new canon! After being asked many times, JMS finally answered the question about who the chanters were for the 'moment of perfect beauty'. It was, indeed, the pak'ma'ra!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1134.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	156381

Comment

• . . . . Not really convinced to be honest. They're singing Latin (a Gregorian chant), and the way Kosh speaks to Sheridan about thoughts becoming the song - plus the way they vanish and appear and the mind needing to be silent for him to contact him - it does come across as Kosh is connecting with Sheridann in some way . . . . But if jms says it's Pak'Ma'Ra then I guess the ones without a hump make the best singers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple F View Post
                          But if jms says it's Pak'Ma'Ra then I guess the ones without a hump make the best singers.
                          If there is one think I am certain of when it comes to the Pak'Ma'Ra it is that I don't know much about the Pak'Ma'Ra. Given what we have seen of the Pak'Ma'Ra, which is very little, we have no clue if all Pak'Ma'Ra come in the same shape and size.
                          Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

• A new and intriguing post from JMS:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1135.jpg Views:	5 Size:	33.1 KB ID:	156404

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1135.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.1 KB ID:	156406

I also note that he's changed two photos on the Studio JMS FB page which has lain fallow since, I believe, Pat left.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Jan; 04-27-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Well thats interesting... we have spend a long time here NOT being creative on his stuff as to not cause issue. Wonder whats up?
                              Milkman
                              www.mhoc.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Milkman View Post
                                Well thats interesting... we have spend a long time here NOT being creative on his stuff as to not cause issue. Wonder whats up?
                                Whatever it is, he said that the 'no story ideas' rule is still in place.

Author
                                J. Michael Straczynski - Hang with JMS Nope, no hacking, this is real. And there's built-in safeguards against story ideas, so that rule still stands.

Comment

Working...
                                X