X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Thanks, Phaze! I love it when JMS does that but it's a royal pain to bring over here. I particularly liked one small side exchange:

A poster asked JMS what the weather was like in hell:

Originally posted by JMichael Straczynski‏@straczynski
    It was quite chilly. So it may not in fact be that we are suffering global warming, but rather that Hell has sprung a leak.
    Jan

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    jms just posted a series of messages on twitter, since Jan is probably asleep I thought I'd reproduce them here

Just fell down the steps leading to my office which is weird because there AREN'T steps leading to my office and...oh crap I'm in hell again
    And they STILL haven't done anything about the decor.
    What's even funnier is that you can actually tweet from Hell. (Or is that redundant?)
    Turns out there's an entire section of Hell JUST set aside for tweeters.
    It consists mainly of demons yelling "NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU HAD FOR DINNER STOP SENDING TWITPIX OF YOUR FOOD!" for all eternity. Seems fair
    So I'm sitting with Beelzebub and he's like, yeah I invented Twitter not that Dorsey guy, and I'm like, really, and he's like, HELL yes
    Apparently demons invented not just twitter but instagrams, taxes, reality TV and standing in line. And the confessional, just for laughs.
    I'm told, however, that demons did NOT invent plague, pestilence, famine or death. They insist it was the Dutch. I have no opinion on it.
    It's good to see that some traditions are intact, however, and that English remains the official language of Hell. We earned it, after all.
    Taking a walk around Hell. Asked a nearby demon what their flag looks like. "Why, all of them," he said. Not sure I like the sound of that.
    @jonbry97 Why am I in Hell? I'm a writer. All the best writers go to hell. Frankly, I'm flattered they'd have me.
    Just a second...Lucifer is over there, laughing hysterically. Let me try and find out what this is all about. BRB.
    Okay, that IS funny. Turns out those cute kitten youtube videos are actually soul-stealers designed to secretly pull your soul into hell.
    Of course the joke's on him because anybody who's sat and watched the damned things all night already KNEW that.
    Just asked Lucifer if there's anything he'd like me to pass along on his behalf to the world of the living. Stand by....

Lucifer says as follows: "Humans are told only they have free will, but if that is true, how then did we fall from grace but by free will?"
    He continues "In the Garden, why did GOd warn Adam and Eve about the fruit, but not the snake? Why did he not explain what a lie was?"
    He goes on: "It was a set-up. WE were set up because we were competitors. God invented hell for us. So we invented the church."
    Anything else? I ask. "Yes. Tell the living to stop wearing those stupid skinny ties. It's pissing me off." No idea why that's important.
    As I leave Hell for the world of the living, I pass the door marked "A Division of Exxon/Mobil." What I can't tell is if that's Hell or us.
    And so I return safe and sound to my office, and my computer, and...oooh, look...new kitten videos on youtube.
    here endeth the lesson....
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Oh, Zing! Found on Twitter:

A poster copies what JMS said about being a "Smug, cocky, self-involved bastard" back in 1981 and asks if the adjectives have changed over the years.

Yes, the word "successful" now appears somewhere in there.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Rent in LA in 1981 was not super-expensive. The housing boom didn't occur until about the mid-80s and then another crazy increase in the late 90s. Interestingly, I know how cheap rent was in 1981 because I was researching old JMS articles in the library once, and came across the rental ads in the 1981 paper - you could get a one-bedroom in Santa Monica for about $250 / month at the time!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    $600 would only have covered a portion of one month's rent for me in LA 10 years ago. It wouldn't even cover half of it for the same place now.
    In the Preface of "Tales from the Twilight Zone", JMS says that his wife had gotten a job offer to do research for Carl Sagan. It sounds as though that job didn't last long, though.

Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X