Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    A particularly fun series of tweets from JMS the last two nights:

J. Michael Straczynski
    @straczynski
    ยท
    May 23
    True aside: I've been playing text-and-phone tag with Peter Jurasik the last few days. Went to text AROUND IF YOU ARE and before hitting SEND saw that autocorrect had changed it to AROUSED IF YOU ARE. Quickly edited it. Not sure what he would've made of that.
    J. Michael Straczynski
    @straczynski
    ยท
    14h
    Finally connected with Peter today, and when I told him about the around/aroused near catastrophe, he started laughing so hard I thought he'd have an aneurysm on the spot. Good chat.
    J. Michael Straczynski
    @straczynski
    ยท
    14h
    Re: the "aroused if you are" near-typo PJ: "Of course, Joe, always, especially when you call, but I appreciate you asking, that's what friends are for." JMS: "Well, I like to stay on top of these things." (Five seconds later realizing what I'd just said) "Lemme reel that back..."
    Oh...myyyy....

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    First ever UFO sighting on Mars!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mars UFO.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	158075

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Intriguing tweet from JMS last night.

Name:	Foundation.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	157965
    Now this IS INTERESTING! Speculates wildly.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Intriguing tweet from JMS last night.

Name:	Foundation.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	157965

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Good news from JMS last night!

Name:	Joe.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	157745

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Stay tuned... ETA: looks like it was the great news about the Library Journal and large print run of 'TOGETHER WE WILL GO'.

Click image for larger version  Name:	News.JPG Views:	6 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	157624
    Last edited by Jan; 02-05-2021, 12:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    This is somewhat tantalizing.

Name:	focused.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	157346

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    And the deep question is:
    "How far are the WB polite People?"

Ste B5 fan

--
    Ivanova: "You're a vicious man"
    Garibaldi: "I'm Head of Security. It's in the job description"
    [Babylon 5]

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    So - a couple of things tonight regarding licensing.

JMS said that it would be required for WB to contact him and the people making the show if anything were being done.

Click image for larger version Name:	Contact requirement.JPG Views:	5 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	157187
    And when I asked about whether he could veto a license:

Click image for larger version Name:	Veto power.JPG Views:	5 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	157188

ETA: for Tom Smith/B5 Scrolls: You were right, as you pointed out in your PM this morning. I was wrong. But since we now have actual information, no I won't be disputing it in the future when you quote the answers to the questions I asked.
    Can someone explain the nuances of this? All I get from reading JMS' rather vague twitter responses is "JMS can veto licensed stuff relating to B5, i.e. audio drama, novels, toys, merch, etc... However, he has no formal powers to veto new B5 / a remaster if WB wanted to do it".

Is that the correct reading here?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    So - a couple of things tonight regarding licensing.

JMS said that it would be required for WB to contact him and the people making the show if anything were being done.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Contact requirement.JPG Views:	5 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	157187
    And when I asked about whether he could veto a license:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Veto power.JPG Views:	5 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	157188

ETA: for Tom Smith/B5 Scrolls: You were right, as you pointed out in your PM this morning. I was wrong. But since we now have actual information, no I won't be disputing it in the future when you quote the answers to the questions I asked.
    Last edited by Jan; 11-16-2020, 06:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Here is hoping we all "own" 2021.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    This would be worth passing along just for the 'fuckpocalypse' part!

Name:	JMS 2021.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	157184

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    HAHAHAHA I had that ordered about 5 mins after I posted my last comment. I assumed that was probably it.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    HOW MUCH LONGER MUST I WAIT!!!!!! It has been "afternoon" CST for almost 2 hours!!!!!! I can't wait ten more minutes for it to be "afternoon" PST!!!!! ...... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜†
    Worse! He said maybe around 1 or 2 PM Pacific! Sigh...time zones...

It's up now, Looney. For the rest,

https://www.facebook.com/officialjms...05821970922746 is the official availability to pre-order TOGETHER WE WILL GO for July release.
    Last edited by Jan; 10-26-2020, 02:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    HOW MUCH LONGER MUST I WAIT!!!!!! It has been "afternoon" CST for almost 2 hours!!!!!! I can't wait ten more minutes for it to be "afternoon" PST!!!!! ...... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜†

Leave a comment:

Working...
X