Clear All

• Okay, then....

JMichael Straczynski‏Verified account
    @straczynski

Today's FB B5 Fan Q: "Did you have a time machine in your basement?"

My A: "I didn't now, but I do then."

Rather proud of that one....

9:00 PM - 24 Aug 2017
    Last edited by Jan; 08-24-2017, 06:29 PM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Somebody linked this to JMS on Twitter:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=iVztf6W0nn8

Originally posted by JMichael Straczynski‏
      Verified account @straczynski 4m4 minutes ago

JMichael Straczynski Retweeted Robert Rollins
      Well, there goes my sleep for the next six thousand years....
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
        Somebody linked this to JMS on Twitter:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=iVztf6W0nn8

What was the video Jan? Appears to have been taken down by Youtube due to a copyright issue!?
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ubik View Post
          What was the video Jan? Appears to have been taken down by Youtube due to a copyright issue!?
          Oh, too bad! But I can see why. It was a supposed commercial (fake, I'm sure) of He-Man and Skeletor dancing to "Now I've Had the Time of My Life" in a bar.

Okay...maybe not fake? Or there's a series of them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqhLn76kCv0

And here's the one I originally linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PgTjhx1VLw

<Takai> Oh, Myyyyyy...

Comment

Oh, too bad! But I can see why. It was a supposed commercial (fake, I'm sure) of He-Man and Skeletor dancing to "Now I've Had the Time of My Life" in a bar.

Okay...maybe not fake? Or there's a series of them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqhLn76kCv0

And here's the one I originally linked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PgTjhx1VLw

<Takai> Oh, Myyyyyy...
            Hahaha. It's legit. Is an ad for a British comparison website. Hadn't seen this. Excellent.
            Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

• Fun and wisdom from JMS this morning.

Originally posted by JMichael Straczynski

Tired of feeling listless. So here goes.

Needed From Store:
              Eggs
              Bacon
              Soap
              Barbed Wire
              Cantaloupe

There. Much better now.

Artists know that we're only borrowing whatever talent we may have; when we go it dissolves back into the earth for the next person.

Comment

• Comments on this one to Off Topic, please.

Originally posted by J. Michael Straczynski
                In general I think that people are comfortable standing for the nation when they are comfortable with what the nation stands for.
                https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...29943756140544

Comment

• JMS posted for Throwback Thursday last night:

A little something for throwback Thursday...the first time my family came to LA (one of 21 moves in 18 years) I was seven; we had nowhere to go and no money, so we lived out of the car. We finally found shelter in what were essentially shanties, one- or two-room cinderblock structures used by homeless people or migrant workers, located on Clarence Street just off Skid Row. No furniture, only cold water, an open toilet. I slept on the concrete floor and would often awaken in the middle of the night covered in bedbugs, roaches and lice, courtesy of the previous occupants. I'd spend all day picking the lice out of my hair, getting almost pathological about it, only to have them reload the next night.

The area was noted for other homeless folks, drunks, itinerant workers, shuttered industrial buildings, and narrow SRO (single room occupancy) apartments that were mainly used by prostitutes since they could be rented by the hour.

I was chronically underfed and malnourished, with the distended stomach to show for it, in clothes that were from second-hand or thrift shops and generally far too small. We survived largely thanks to kitchens for homeless folks set up by charitable organizations there in the area. Which is why to this day I continue to donate to food shelters of various sorts.

The foregoing is offered not to get a glimmer of sympathy, because none is required or desired; it is submitted only as evidence that we are not limited by where we come from or what we have when we start. Our path is our own.
                  Posted on the recently renamed J. Michael Straczynski - Hang with JMS
                  https://www.facebook.com/officialjms...type=3&theater

This sort of post makes me really glad I know that he grew up so well because you can't help but feel bad for the little Joe.

Comment

• Posted on Twitter:

Dear Mr. Gump: Nothing in all the world is as precisely, painstakingly marked as a box of chocolates. Your mama lied to you. Get over it.
                    Yeah, I know...I don't think JMS buys cheap chocolates. I've bitten into many unmarked ones and spit out the marshmallow....

Comment

Posted on Twitter:

Yeah, I know...I don't think JMS buys cheap chocolates. I've bitten into many unmarked ones and spit out the marshmallow....
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I was thinking the exact same thing after I read that and then I saw what you wrote.
                      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Posted on Twitter:

I've been thinking the same thing as JMS. Over here the cheap ones are also marked. Granted, it tends to be only one kind in the box, but they are colorcoded and marked. Green is with mint. The purple ones have some fruit that I haven't tried because of past experience of combining fruit and chocolate.
                        "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

Comment

• Originally posted by Melanie View Post
                          I've been thinking the same thing as JMS.
                          All I can say is that when my mother gave us boxes of chocolates for Valentines day when I was a kid (which is the same time-frame as Forest was talking about) there sure wasn't any legend on or in the box.

And tonight's insight from JMS...

Originally posted by J. Michael Straczynski
                          SARAN WRAP WAS CREATED BY SATAN TO CONVINCE US THAT WE ARE INCAPABLE OF GETTING EVEN THE SIMPLEST GODDAMN THING RIGHT!

Comment

• we call it cling film...
                            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

• Fun one from last night:

Originally posted by JMS
                              Too Long Haiku
                              Leave room
                              heavy book on sofa arm
                              cat sleeping at other end.
                              Return
                              heavy book on floor
                              cat-shaped dent in ceiling.
                              A mystery

Comment

Cats and shadows: They move when you're not looking at them.
                                "It means living each moment as if it were your last one. It means doing each right thing because it is the right thing. The scale doesn't matter. The where, the when, the how, or in what cause... none of those things matter."

Comment

Working...
                                X