X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Originally posted by nottenst View Post
    Late to scrolling through JMS' twitter feed. I guess he is replying to a whole bunch of tweets. Has anyone asked about What the Hell Happened? I haven't noticed anything yet there and am tempted to ask.
    Who are you? What do you want?
    scnr

To be serious: this was mentioned earlier asking the Great Maker: "Do you ever sleep?"

B5 Stefan

--
    First of all Pooh said to himself:
    'That buzzing-noise means something. You don't get a buzzing-noise like that, just buzzing and buzzing, without its meaning something.' [Winnie-the-Pooh, Chapter 1]

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    Late to scrolling through JMS' twitter feed. I guess he is replying to a whole bunch of tweets. Has anyone asked about What the Hell Happened? I haven't noticed anything yet there and am tempted to ask.

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia View Post
    Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post
    Hypatia, You're right and put a very good point.
    But I don't need to iterate all other good points, why B5 is so outstanding as a tv-show, must I?
    I hope not. That might take up some serious time.
    Yes. Indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

B5 Stefan

--
    "Please ring, if an answer is required"
    "Please knock, if an answer is not required"
    [Winnie the Pooh, Chapter 4]

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia
    replied
    [QUOTE=B5-Stefan;185342]Hypatia, You're right and put a very good point.
    But I don't need to iterate all other good points, why B5 is so outstanding as a tv-show, must I?

I hope not. That might take up some serious time.

Leave a comment:

• babylonlurker
    replied
    That helps explain why it became my favorite sci-fi show, I guess. Not just the characters or immediate plot lines, but the real sense of history it had.
    Much like Tolkien did when he created Lord of the Rings.

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Do you ever sleep?

Emilie G. Gatfield tweet:
    "Also - do you ever sleep?"

I first did read "Garfield": a typical cat-question, I supposed.

JMS re-tweet (07-30):
    "NO I DON'T SLEEP THE MUSIC NEVER STOPS COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE I OWN THE DARKNESS THE NIGHT AND THE BELLS NEVER STOP THE ROLLING AND THE TOLLING OF THE BELLS, BELLS, BELLS, BELLS, BELLS SHUT UP I'M TYPING NO YOU SHUT UP YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME"

ROTFL
    B5 Stefan

--
    Delenn: "We believe that no race can be truly intelligent without laughter"
    [Babylon5, A Race Through Dark Places]

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    That helps explain why it became my favorite sci-fi show, I guess. Not just the characters or immediate plot lines, but the real sense of history it had.
    Hypatia, You're right and put a very good point.

B5-Stefan

--
    Ivanova: "You're a vicious man"
    Garibaldi: "I'm Head of Security. It's in the job description"

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia
    replied

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    100 years B5 in intricate detail

Now THIS is in the right place (thread)

JMS re-tweet to Barnabus O. Scott:

"To be clear, by "all of it" I wasn't just referring to B4...I worked out 100 years either way of our story in intricate detail, 1,000 years in fairly decent detail, and a million years either way in broad strokes. Because that's just the kind of hairpin I am."

It's not really an all new finding.
    But this would be far more as the published BABYLON 5 TIMELINE.
    Think about:
    100 years B5 universe history written notes in "intricate detail"!
    And notes about another 1,000 years history "fairly decent detailed".

WOAH!
    I can't imagine how many story plot equivalents this means.

B5-Stefan

--
    Tirk: "Tirk. Drazi. I carry very large things. I... I... Tirk. Drazi."
    [Babylon5, LotR]

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    JMS has a wish for his birthday!

J. Michael Straczynski - Hang with JMS
    28 mins
    Since today is my birthday, I get to make a wish, and this is what that wish would be: that you reading this would generously donate $10 (more is great but 10 totally works) to one of the two schools listed below that I once attended which do such good work for their students.

The first is the Chula Vista High School Foundation, which creates scholarships, provides endless assistance for students and their families, and has been crucial in helping students from low-income families go to college to follow their dreams: https://cvhsfoundation.com/ways-to-give/

The second is the Southwestern Junior College Food Pantry, which helps feed low-income students who have a hard time affording school and would otherwise go hungry. A noble cause by any definition. Thank you for helping either of these. http://www.swccd.edu/index.aspx?page=3653

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    Hopefully we might get some action from the AT&T merger.
    Very good point, Looney.
    We'll keep track of the AT&T policy.

B5-Stefan

--
    Max Eilerson: "Nations rise and fall. Planets live and die.
    But corporations go on and on, through good times and bad,
    because it's all about profit.
    "
    [Crusade: "Racing the Night"]

Leave a comment:

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Even if I concede that JMS isn't a technics mastermind, I think in a such weighty statement he would thoroughly argue.

The conspiration variant would be: he unconditionally wants to push up the people to flashmob WB and Amazon for B5HD.

I tend to the first - but dreaming the flashmob.
    Wouldn't be the worst.

To be serious:
    Originally posted by Triple F View Post
    They're on TAPE. ..
    Why not doing now what they didn't do then.
    What would it cost to convert the taped VFX to digital HD with nowadays equipment?
    I think: no immense cost per ep.
    (I know the whole story: WB won't never ever do anything with B5...)

B5-Stefan

--
    Delenn: "If the universe puts a mystery in front of us as a gift,
    politeness requires that we at least try and solve it.
    "
    [Babylon5, Atonement]

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
    I like the live action on vudu better because it does not have random film scratches on it.
    I don't remember seeing scratches on Go90 either, but my memory is likely failing me. I'm sure if I went back through all my posts during the Go90 run I'd find one where I said I noticed scratches. LOL

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    I like the live action on vudu better because it does not have random film scratches on it.

Leave a comment:

• sense8ional
    replied
    I had sampled the Go90 version of Ep1 back then and it was nothing special. Below DVD quality.

Furthermore, I think all the digital versions - certainly the Go90 - but even the more exotic VUDU one I believe, have the live action and FX scenes run with the same framerate, which is not correct. Only the DVD plays correctly the live action at 23.976 and the FX at 30 (or 60i).

This frame disparity between pure live action and FX is also one of the reasons I don't get how would they even put the FX on film, as JMS thinks they did. How do you record 60i on film? Film is inherently a format which does not understand of lines and does not understand of interlacing.

Anyway.

In short:
    Best picture quality disregarding FX scenes: DVD
    Best FX quality: VUDU
    Most fluent motion for both live action and FX: DVD

So the DVD in many ways it's still the best version.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X