X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures of Apocalypse Al

Just found on the Fans of JMS Facebook page:

Originally posted by Fans of J. Michael Straczynski
    Announced today doing Adventures of Apocalypse Al as graphic novel with web series to follow all via MTV.com
    This was originally recorded as an audio drama for the CBC but was never released.

Good news!

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

JMS tweeted a link to the official announcement. JMS has always said he was hard to understand but Tom Akel is a *lot* worse!

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/10/15/...=share_twitter

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/70177...603&id=1672595

The live-action sequel series will be developed by Pat Tallman along with JMS.

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Well this is an exciting announcement. I just watched the interview he did with MTV. The interviewer really lost control of the interview there! That's exciting that we get both a graphic novel and a series out of it.
      Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
      True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Just found a listing for this on IMDb. It's listed as being in preproduction with a July 17 2012 'release' date. Production company is Imaginary Voices Entertainment with MTV Networks as the distributor. Writer is JMS and Producer is Patricia Tallman. Don't know if it's meaningful that it's listed as a TV series rather than a web series.

July 17 is JMS' birthday and Comic-Con is July 12-15 so with luck there may be some previews? Fingers crossed.

Jan
        Last edited by Jan; 01-19-2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Apparently this project got pushed back because of paperwork taking awhile. Joe changed the date on imdb to 2013.

Comment

Here's a fun interview with JMS and MTV Geek at Comic-Con. 'Bout time - since at least the web-series is going to be with them. I particularly like this one because it shows how smart and funny JMS can be.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/interview/...lypse-al.jhtml

(you may have to sit through an MTV-Geek annoying commercial, first...)

ETA: Oh, and they can't spell his name!!

Jan
            Last edited by Jan; 07-26-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

I'm optimistically excited for this, the premise sounds interesting, at least.

Comment

The MTV web series is series 2, so to understand what is going on we will have to buy the comic.
                Andrew Swallow

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow View Post
                  The MTV web series is series 2, so to understand what is going on we will have to buy the comic.
                  Actually, the more I'm thinking about it, the more likely I think that the comic will be web-based, too. In fact, I'm surprised it wasn't obvious to me before.

Jan

Comment

Great news that there's finally progress on this!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...9402959&type=1

Originally posted by Fans of J. Michael Straczynski
                    Yesterday I got the first 69 inked pages of The Adventures of Apocalypse Al, coming out later this year through MTV.com. Beautiful work by Sid Kotian (who will be doing Dream Police for us once he's done with Al). Very excited. I think this is going to be a real sleeper hit. Here's a glimpse of page two....
                    69 pages! I posted to ask about this being a web-comic preceding the live-action web series. It's been a long time since we've had news.

Jan

Comment

Love the inked art, I kinda hope they don't colour it. Looks gorgeous as it is.
                      Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Working...
                      X