X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan,

My guesses have expired. I am trying to follow the revised rules:

31 May 2011 - JMS will write a play consisting of an epic series of limericks retelling the tale of a classic Greek tale. Nathan Lane will appear in the title role.

6 June 2011 - JMS will produce an album featuring his voice with songs based upon madricals telling a story set in the very, very early Babylon 5 Universe.

12 June 2011 - JMS will write a series of articles for the Lands' End catalog and will pose dressed as William Shakespeare playing Hamlet with Yorick's skull in hand for the April 2011 cover.

Comment

Hey folks - I'm *so* sorry to have dropped the ball on this. I don't know why but sometimes I seem to miss that there are new posts. If I ever don't acknowledge a request in a day or so, please feel free to nudge, poke or otherwise wake me up.

Sheepish...
      Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        Hey folks - I'm *so* sorry to have dropped the ball on this. I don't know why but sometimes I seem to miss that there are new posts. If I ever don't acknowledge a request in a day or so, please feel free to nudge, poke or otherwise wake me up.

Sheepish...
        Jan
        Jan, consider this a nudge.

15 June 2011 - JMS will write a play consisting of an epic series of limericks retelling the tale of a classic Greek tale. Nathan Lane will appear in the title role.

17 June 2011 - JMS will produce an album featuring his voice with songs based upon madricals telling a story set in the very, very early Babylon 5 Universe.

19 June 2011 - JMS will write a series of articles for the Lands' End catalog and will pose dressed as William Shakespeare playing Hamlet with Yorick's skull in hand for the April 2011 cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
          Jan, consider this a nudge.

15 June 2011 - JMS will write a play consisting of an epic series of limericks retelling the tale of a classic Greek tale. Nathan Lane will appear in the title role.

17 June 2011 - JMS will produce an album featuring his voice with songs based upon madricals telling a story set in the very, very early Babylon 5 Universe.

19 June 2011 - JMS will write a series of articles for the Lands' End catalog and will pose dressed as William Shakespeare playing Hamlet with Yorick's skull in hand for the April 2011 cover.
          15 and 19, Dan. Milkman already has the 17th.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Here's the (lon-overdue) list of dates that are taken:

15-Jun
            17-Jun
            18-Jun
            20-Jun
            27-Jun
            11-Jul
            15-Jul
            23-Jul
            27-Jul
            10-Aug
            10-Sep
            14-Oct
            27-Oct
            15-Dec

Next prize is a deck of B5 playing cards. They were only released in Australia, iirc. Remember, you don't have to have the exact date, you only have to be the closest.

Jan

Comment

Two of my dates have expired, so can I have July 12 (the day the Dawn spacecraft is scheduled to enter orbit of Vesta), and August 18 (my Mother's birthday)?
              "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid." -- Quantum Crook, Casey and Andy Webcomic

Comment

All set, DS.

Jan

Comment

How about July, 19th and September, 5th for me?
                  Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
                  John Sheridan

Comment

Originally posted by DeMonk View Post
                    How about July, 19th and September, 5th for me?
                    Got it enterred.

Jan

Comment

Could I get in for July 4th, October 18th and October 22nd?

Thanks!
                      "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

All set, WorkerCaste.

Jan

Comment

Whoa! There JMS posts about something new that he's completed and turned in and I didn't snap that we have a new winner (I can only conculde that I haven't been paying attention)! Yesterday JMS posted:

Originally posted by JMS
                          Was asked to write (and have turned in) a piece for the next issue of Liberty Comics, an anthology comic published by the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, which supports the first amendment rights of creators. It's a short, fun little piece but it has some teeth as well. The art looks great as well.
                          (ETA: the comic could come out any time the rest of the year but JMS said he'll let us know)

So even though we don't have a title and it's a one-shot, by definition we have a new winner. Dan Dassow is the winner of the B5 playing cards so if he'll PM me his address I'll get them out shortly. Congrats, Dan!

That's two of the first three prizes. Next up is the rare and beautiful Starry Jumpgate Pin.

Jan
                          Last edited by Jan; 06-16-2011, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                            Whoa! There JMS posts about something new that he's completed and turned in and I didn't snap that we have a new winner (I can only conculde that I haven't been paying attention)! Yesterday JMS posted:

(ETA: the comic could come out any time the rest of the year but JMS said he'll let us know)

So even though we don't have a title and it's a one-shot, by definition we have a new winner. Dan Dassow is the winner of the B5 playing cards so if he'll PM me his address I'll get them out shortly. Congrats, Dan!

That's two of the first three prizes. Next up is the rare and beautiful Starry Jumpgate Pin.

Jan
                            Jan,

Honestly, despite all my effort to avoid winning by guessing unlikely dates, somehow I managed to win.

Dan Dassow

Comment

Patricia Tallman and JMS are having a conversation about something on Twitter. Pat's new book of her on set photographs appear to be the surface story but I feel there is a second story going on underneath. Anyone know what it is?
                              Last edited by Andrew_Swallow; 06-29-2011, 02:37 AM. Reason: spelling
                              Andrew Swallow

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow View Post
                                Patricia Tallman and JMS are having a conversation about something on Twitter. Pat's new book of her on set photographs appear to be the surface story but I feel there is a second story going on underneath. Anyone know what it is?
                                If you mean their exchange from last night, I doubt if it's anything JMS-project related. I think that she's probably under a bit of a deadline if she wants to have books to take with her to Comic-Con as she mentioned on the Podcast.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X