Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just decided what the next prize will be. There's only ONE, so if there are equi-distant guesses, I'll have to choose who gets it by flipping a coin.

You collectors out there might be interested in this. Next prize will be one of the very rare forms of the famous (to old-time fans) jumpgate pins. This is the green/purple color change pin and there were only 25 of them made. For history and to see the pin, check out:
    http://www.jumpgatepins.com/rarities.html

Get those guesses in for your chance to own this cool pin!

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 08-22-2012, 07:40 PM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Got you set, WorkerCaste! And hey, a couple of people who've won have told me they never won anything before. And the odds here are at least a little better than the lottery!

Jan
      Please don't take this the wrong way... but if I only get one win, I'd rather it be the lottery.
      "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

• Originally posted by WorkerCaste View Post
        Please don't take this the wrong way... but if I only get one win, I'd rather it be the lottery.
        That's okay...I don't mind being second best. Really. Not at all.

Hmmm....prize for WorkerCaste...what to send...what to send...I know! Some lint from the bag that was in JMS' presence when he announced Studio JMS. The same back that held the Studio JMS posters and postcards and autographed mini-comics, that bag. Plenty of lint here. Yeah, that's perfect!

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I know! Some lint from the bag that was in JMS' presence when he announced Studio JMS. The same back that held the Studio JMS posters and postcards and autographed mini-comics, that bag. Plenty of lint here. Yeah, that's perfect!
          Wow! That's awesome. And here I was afraid of some kind of retribution for not putting your prize ahead of millions of dollars! Jan, you're the best!
          "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

• My prize arrived today (USA -> Germany even). Jan, you're awesome, thank you!

As I got a tie-tack "jumpgate pin" in 2009 and a shadow junior pin last year (they are awesome people!), out of fairness I'm going to skip this round in the Skywatch game.
            Babylon 5 Animations

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoltan View Post
              ... out of fairness I'm going to skip this round in the Skywatch game.
              No need. I can find a substitute if you're a winner. I gots *lots* of stuff.

Jan

Comment

• Pandemic series for ABC...

Just on a whim, I just did a Google news search on Straczynski and this came up, having been posted by Variety 8 minutes before...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058274

And, a few minutes later, Deadline has this report, going into a bit more detail on the companies he's working with...

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/abc-...andemic-drama/

I know Joe had mentioned working with the Smith's company before, but can't remember if he mentioned what he was developing for them. Any search on Straczynski and pandemic turn up references to World War Z and Jeremiah.
                Last edited by sftv; 08-24-2012, 04:06 PM. Reason: Additional news
                Webmaster
                SFTV.org
                B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

• This looks to be the one he was talking about at SDCC, "Epidemic" that he said was > < this close to being greenlighted (greenlit?).

I've started a thread in the TV Series (formerly the Jeremiah) forum for it.

So...let's look at the list. Today's the 24th. Closest dates are....

drum roll....

21-Aug
                  28-Aug

which makes the 21st closest to today so that makes our winner DeMonk

DeMonk, I know I used to have your address but the Post Office dumped the online address book I had so PM it to me again, please?

Jan

Comment

This looks to be the one he was talking about at SDCC, "Epidemic" that he said was > < this close to being greenlighted (greenlit?).
                    I knew there'd been some mention of it before, but the two reports all say "pandemic" instead of "epidemic".

In the collider.com interview, they do call it "Epidemic". Maybe ABC wants a different title?

Lee
                    Webmaster
                    SFTV.org
                    B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

No need. I can find a substitute if you're a winner. I gots *lots* of stuff.
                      Yes, ma'am!

Then it's: Sep. 21, Oct 19 and Nov. 30, thank you very much!
                      Babylon 5 Animations

Comment

• Ah-ah-ah! You still had Sept 20 outstanding so I've just added Oct. 19 and Nov. 30 for you.

For ease of tracking, I've added names to the date list:

28-Aug Wyrmling
                        29-Aug Babylonlurker
                        30-Aug OmahaStar
                        1-Sep Babylonlurker
                        2-Sep OmahaStar
                        8-Sep OmahaStar
                        18-Sep Wyrmling
                        20-Sep Zoltan
                        9-Oct WorkerCaste
                        12-Oct Lee Whiteside
                        13-Oct Lee Whiteside
                        14-Oct Lee Whiteside
                        15-Oct WorkerCaste
                        19-Oct Zoltan
                        20-Oct DeMonk
                        9-Nov WorkerCaste
                        20-Nov JoeD80
                        30-Nov Zoltan

There are a couple of you who only have one guess outstanding so you're elligible to pick a couple more.

Jan

Comment

Ah-ah-ah! You still had Sept 20 outstanding so I've just added Oct. 19 and Nov. 30 for you.
                          I was wondering who took my birthday. Sorry, should've checked myself.
                          Babylon 5 Animations

Comment

• As Lee pointed out, the announcement of "Before Watchmen: Moloch" does count as a new JMS project so...yet another winner!

This time I need for Wyrmling to PM me an address to send the next prize to. And I still need for DeMonk to contact me. I used to have an address, DeMonk, but the Post Office ate it.

Now if only we didn't have to wait for JMS to write all these things and for them to be produced...sigh....

Jan
                            (moan, groan, whine...)

Comment

• Would you look at that! Thanks for doing this little game Jan! You can scratch my other guess off for this year so I don't detract from someone else winning.

Comment

• Can I add two more dates?

December 6th
                                January 25th
                                Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
                                John Sheridan

Comment

Working...
                                X