Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YIKES! He's done it again! We've just gotten the news via JMS' Facebook page that he's been contracted for the third volume of Superman: Earth One.

So...looking at the calendar, we see that JoeD80 had claimed Aug. 5 which is the closest so he gets a Fabulous JMSNews Prize!

JoeD80, PM me with your address and we'll figure out what your prize will be.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Okay, folks...I've heard from everybody now and I'll be shipping out prizes soon so it's time to post the list of actuve dates for y'all to choose from.

I just posted to the FB page that registration is fixed and we'd love to welcome new posters so I'm going to copy the rules here too, for convenience.

Those of you who have been here a while will remember other times when I ran a game to guess when new JMS projects will be announced. Since we have one that JMS thinks will be announced soon, I thought it would be a nice idea to start a new game with some differences from previous versions. Ready? Here's the rules for picking dates:

- Each poster will get to choose three dates when they hope that a new announcement will be made.

- Each date can only be claimed once. In case of multiple requests, first request based on the time stamp on my computer gets the date.

- All guesses need to be within this calendar year and all three guesses need to expire before choosing new dates.
      REVISED - At least TWO dates need to expire before 'topping up'.

- I'll post the updated list of dates claimed semi-regularly but will at least try for once a month.

Now for the winning bit:

- A winner will be declared when an announcement is made about a new deal that JMS has made or the first specific announcement that a project has gone out for purchase (such as the recent 'Ticktockman' script). The project has to be verifiable without registering (ie: the leaked sites for the above script were passworded so JMS' post to Facebook would be the verifiable time for deciding a winner). The announcement that JMS is writing his autobiography doesn't count until it's finished and he tells us he's submitted it to publishers (or at least sent it to his agent).

- Whoever's guess is *closest* to the date will be the winner. In the case of equidistant guesses, an alternate (both identical) prize will be awarded both winners.

- All guesses need to be posted here in this thread to be counted. I *may* extend the game to a couple of other sites but I'll post if that happens.

That's all I can think of. This time I'm not even going to guess because it'd be silly to award myself prizes I've already got, wouldn't it? I am going to sticky this so I'll be sure to check it regularly.

Questions? Comments? Let the guessing begin!
      And the dates that are taken:

11-Aug
      14-Aug
      21-Aug
      29-Aug
      30-Aug
      1-Sep
      20-Sep
      20-Oct
      20-Nov

Anything else is fair game as long as it's this year (may extend it soon but not yet).

Can't win if you don't play, right?

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

• Let's give this another go.

Aug 18
        Aug 28
        Sep 18

Comment

• Got you set, Wyrmling!

Jan

Comment

• I'll jump in with some guesses. I don't see yet that Joe is scheduled for NYCC, but chances are good something might come to light comics related around then.

Oct 12
            Oct 13
            Oct 14

(Can I take three consecutive days?)
            Webmaster
            SFTV.org
            B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

• Since I posted the wrong set of rules (2011 instead of 2012), I'll accept it this once. For everybody else and for the future, I think this was the only real change in the rules between one year an the next:

- Each poster will get to choose three dates when they hope that a new announcement will be made. No sequenial dates will be allowed -there needs to be at least one day in between choices.
              Sorry, my mistake. I've got you set, Lee!

Jan

Comment

• Okay, all of the prizes except the one I've been asked to hold are now officially in the mail (or will be once the postal person picks them up.

And since a couple of people weren't sure - yes, the Fabulous JMSNews Forum Prizes are real prizes. I have a habit of collecting Cool Stuph which ends up becoming prizes. If I know you've got something already, I can try to subsititute or I'd ask for you to pass it on to somebody who'll enjoy it. But they're definitely real prizes.

Keep those guesses coming!

Jan

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  Okay, all of the prizes except the one I've been asked to hold are now officially in the mail (or will be once the postal person picks them up.

And since a couple of people weren't sure - yes, the Fabulous JMSNews Forum Prizes are real prizes. I have a habit of collecting Cool Stuph which ends up becoming prizes. If I know you've got something already, I can try to subsititute or I'd ask for you to pass it on to somebody who'll enjoy it. But they're definitely real prizes.

Keep those guesses coming!

Jan
                  I can attest to that. The one I got earlier this year was a real treat. Not saying what it was, will not spoil the surprise that some people might get.
                  Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

• Glad you enjoyed it, Jan. And best of all...you need not be present to win! But you might want to stop by from time to time to see if I need your address...

Jan

Comment

• Jan, when you say calendar year, do you mean up through 12/31/2012, or do you mean up to one year from now?
                      "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

• Originally posted by OmahaStar View Post
                        Jan, when you say calendar year, do you mean up through 12/31/2012, or do you mean up to one year from now?
                        For now, only through 12/31/12. After September I'll probably start opening up 2013.

Comment

• Well, all my dates have expired, so let's see what dates I can block JMS from announcing anything (understanding, of course, that I have never won anything in drawings or contests so the act of choosing will preclude the result.)

Please put me down for:

October 9th
                          October 15th
                          November 9th

Thanks for keeping this going Jan!
                          "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

• Got you set, WorkerCaste! And hey, a couple of people who've won have told me they never won anything before. And the odds here are at least a little better than the lottery!

Jan

Comment

• I'll add ... 9/02, and 9/08.
                              "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

• All set, Omaha! And here's an updated list of dates for your perusal. Please make sure I haven't left anything off, okay?

28-Aug
                                29-Aug
                                30-Aug
                                1-Sep
                                2-Sep
                                8-Sep
                                18-Sep
                                20-Sep
                                9-Oct
                                12-Oct
                                13-Oct
                                14-Oct
                                15-Oct
                                20-Oct
                                9-Nov
                                20-Nov

Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X