This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Skywatch Game 2012 version

Those of you who have been here a while will remember other times when I ran a game to guess when new JMS projects will be announced. Since we have one that JMS thinks will be announced soon, I thought it would be a nice idea to start a new game with some differences from previous versions. Ready? Here's the rules for picking dates:

- Each poster will get to choose three dates when they hope that a new announcement will be made.

- Each date can only be claimed once. In case of multiple requests, first request based on the time stamp on my computer gets the date.

- All guesses need to be within this calendar year and all three guesses need to expire before choosing new dates.

- I'll post the updated list of dates claimed semi-regularly but will at least try for once a month.

Now for the winning bit:

- A winner will be declared when an announcement is made about a new deal that JMS has made or the first specific announcement that a project has gone out for purchase (such as the recent 'Ticktockman' script). The project has to be verifiable without registering (ie: the leaked sites for the above script were passworded so JMS' post to Facebook would be the verifiable time for deciding a winner). The announcement that JMS is writing his autobiography doesn't count until it's finished and he tells us he's submitted it to publishers (or at least sent it to his agent).

- Whoever's guess is *closest* to the date will be the winner. In the case of equidistant guesses, an alternate (both identical) prize will be awarded both winners.

- The first three prizes have been chosen:
    First Announcment - Babylon 5 shot glass (very rare)
    Second Announcement - Babylon 5 playing cards (very rare)
    Third Announcement - B5 Stargate Pin - Starry version (very rare)

- All guesses need to be posted here in this thread to be counted. I *may* extend the game to a couple of other sites but I'll post if that happens.

That's all I can think of. This time I'm not even going to guess because it'd be silly to award myself prizes I've already got, wouldn't it? I am going to sticky this so I'll be sure to check it regularly.

Questions? Comments? Let the guessing begin!

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 02-07-2011, 12:45 PM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

1 April 2011 - JMS will write a play consisting of an epic series of limericks retelling the tale of Homer's Odyssey.

1 April 2012 - JMS will produce an album featuring his voice with songs based upon madricals telling the story of the First Ones.

1 April 2013 - JMS will write a series of articles for Lands' End and will pose for the 1 April 2013 cover.

Dan Dassow

Comment

Dan, Dan, Dan...I really appreciate you being first but...

All guesses need to be within this calendar year and all three guesses need to expire before choosing new dates.
      Sorry. Oh, and watch those 'story ideas', huh?

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Feb 11th 2011 - JMS is going to announce a 3 movie deal for Rising Stars
        May 2nd 2011 - JMS is going to announce a new B5 series
        July 15th 2011 - the new Superman: E1 comicbook is gonna be released
        Last edited by Whyruss; 02-07-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

You got it, Whyruss. Dates are what's important but to this version of the game but I'd certainly love 1 & 2 in your list.

Jan

Comment

<un-lurk>

February 14
            March 4
            April 4

<re-lurk>

Comment

Got you set, Quarxius. Good luck!

Jan

Comment

Feb 12th -- a new series we never heard of gets announced, jms being creator/executive producer
                April 18th -- B5 movie project announced (without script, only outline -- yeah, I know jms hates them )
                Dec 15th -- jms' Harlan script picked up by a studio
                Last edited by Zoltan; 02-08-2011, 04:39 AM. Reason: Feb 11th was already taken
                Babylon 5 Animations

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  Dan, Dan, Dan...I really appreciate you being first but...

All guesses need to be within this calendar year and all three guesses need to expire before choosing new dates.
                  Sorry. Oh, and watch those 'story ideas', huh?

Jan
                  Amended to be compliant with the rules:

1 April 2011 - JMS will write a play consisting of an epic series of limericks retelling the tale of a classic Greek tale. Nathan Lane will appear in the title role.

2 April 2011 - JMS will produce an album featuring his voice with songs based upon madricals telling a story set in the very, very early Babylon 5 Universe.

3 April 2011 - JMS will write a series of articles for the Lands' End catalog and will pose dressed as William Shakespeare playing Hamlet with Yorick's skull in hand for the April 2011 cover.

Dan Dassow
                  Last edited by Dan Dassow; 02-08-2011, 07:09 AM.

Comment

14 Feb 2011 - The "New" thing.

31 March 2011 - JMS will announce his involvment in the long awaited Broadway production of Spinal Tap's "Saucy Jack".

21 April 2011 - JMS and WB will announce a new B5 project.
                    Perception is reality...
                    Until the audit goes public.

SB

Comment

Dan, you're all set.

Fourmyle of Ceres, 14 February is already taken. I've put you down for your March and April dates, though. Let me know you're alternate choice for the third date.

Jan

Comment

Lots of dates still available, folks. JMS posted last night that he expects the Big Thing to be announced in the next couple of days.

Here are the dates that have been taken. Any others within this calendar year are available.

11-Feb
                        12-Feb
                        14-Feb
                        4-Mar
                        31-Mar
                        1-Apr
                        2-Apr
                        3-Apr
                        4-Apr
                        18-Apr
                        21-Apr
                        2-May
                        15-Jul
                        15-Dec

Remember, the closest date wins so if the announcement came today, the 'owner' of February 11 would win the shot glass as it stands right now.

Jan

Comment

Lets pick some dates...

Feb 15th...
                          March 25th...
                          April 17th...
                          Milkman
                          www.mhoc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
                            3 April 2011 - JMS will write a series of articles for the Lands' End catalog and will pose dressed as William Shakespeare playing Hamlet with Yorick's skull in hand for the April 2011 cover.

Dan Dassow
                            Even though this was intended to be in jest (although a serious entry in the contest), it would be interesting to see him dressed up as the Bard; he could definitely pull this one off and preferable to his Sonny Bono picture.

Comment

Oops, lets make it Feb 13.

thx,

SB
                              Perception is reality...
                              Until the audit goes public.

SB

Comment

Working...
                              X