JMS talks writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
    Is someone sends me a script I'm game for Snow White.
    http://www.bakersplays.caom/store/pr...faf780f0316cae
    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

If AstroBoy gets that and presents it to JMS for his autograph, I want to take a picture! That long-suffering look is so much fun.

But no...we can't produce it. Someday, though. And I still dibs playing the Mirror! (and for those who have no idea what we're talking about, it's a play that JMS wrote when he was 17)

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        You say that like it's a bad thing.

But of course! From JMS or from JMS?
        ~+~+~+~+~+~*YES*+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Alas, we should be mindful that JMS will be among his fellow writers on this occassion so it's probably better to postpone this for now rather than risk tempting JMS to commit fanicide. I'm sure there'll be another chance anon.

Jan
        Oh where's the fun in that?
        All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

If AstroBoy gets that and presents it to JMS for his autograph, I want to take a picture! That long-suffering look is so much fun.

But no...we can't produce it. Someday, though. And I still dibs playing the Mirror! (and for those who have no idea what we're talking about, it's a play that JMS wrote when he was 17)

Jan
          I'll try and get it, but no promises. If I do get it I will bring it along with the aforementioned books to be signed.

Comment

Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post
            I'll try and get it, but no promises. If I do get it I will bring it along with the aforementioned books to be signed.
            He really really hates it when people bring that to him to sign. And that, in and of itself, makes it worth it.
            True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Jan
              Jan, I would love to see your performance as the Mirror since you would be playing against type.

Someday, I hope, I will meet Joe-MS face-to-face and will have a copy of his play ready for signature while singing the JMS club theme song. I will make certain that Jan-MS is cued in before hand.

Dan Dassow

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
                Jan, I would love to see your performance as the Mirror since you would be playing against type.

Someday, I hope, I will meet Joe-MS face-to-face and will have a copy of his play ready for signature while singing the JMS club theme song. I will make certain that Jan-MS is cued in before hand.

Dan Dassow
                What's the JMS club theme song? Poker Face?

Comment

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
                  What's the JMS club theme song? Poker Face?
                  You did ask.

Sung to the Mickey Mouse Club Theme -- 1950's Version
                  JMS Club Theme Song

Comment

You did ask.

Sung to the Mickey Mouse Club Theme -- 1950's Version
                    JMS Club Theme Song
                    You sir, may have trolled him far more effectively than I ever could.

Comment

Got another one fooled, do I? I'm actually very much a smart mouthed sarcastic type but it doesn't come over well in writing so I've had to drop it, leaving people to think I'm all sweetness-and-light. SoTS can verify.

You'd better! I want to be sure to bring my video camera!

Jan
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
                        You sir, may have trolled him far more effectively than I ever could.
                        The fact that I am still living after all the good natured teasing I've done to JMS is a testament to his forbearance, patience and that I'm over 1,500 miles away from him.

Comment

Got another one fooled, do I? I'm actually very much a smart mouthed sarcastic type but it doesn't come over well in writing so I've had to drop it, leaving people to think I'm all sweetness-and-light. SoTS can verify.
                          After all these years, I find it difficult to believe that to your core you are not sweetness-and-light, and that the smart mouthed sarcastic type is simply an act.

You'd better! I want to be sure to bring my video camera!

Jan
                          If this were to happen, it could be rather exciting. I would not deprive you, although I would probably not go through with it if I detected that JMS had a bad day.

Dan Dassow

Comment

JMS posted a link to more info on his Orange County Screenwriters Assn. talk.

Looks like there will be autographs afterward.

Jan

Comment

A post by somebody who'll be there with JMS. Looks like they'll have a discussion topic.

Jan

Comment

JMS posted a link to more info on his Orange County Screenwriters Assn. talk.

Looks like there will be autographs afterward.

Jan
                                Okay now I have to get the Snow White script! Plus bring a few others for him to sign.
                                Hmm, should I bring the script books or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X