No announcement yet.

Bargain!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, this isn't exacly a bargain unless you consider that it cost about a hundred bucks less than the Buy It Now price and if you compare it to what props/set dressing go for from other SF shows. I just got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220404273879
    and it's great! One of the really cool things about B5 props is that they're not cheaply made. This bracelet is about 1/8 inch thick metal (probably steel since there's no corrosion) and all of the symbols, print and bar code are stamped or engraved. Really a nice item.

I'm determined to see it as something that was meant to be since I'd bid on it but A) didn't make the Reserve and B) was also outbid. Then, on my birthday I got a 'second chance offer' and there was no way I could *not* get it when I was determined to be totally self-indulgent that day. I'm very glad I did even though it really blew this month's budget!

Woo and HOOOO!

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 05-04-2009, 12:00 PM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Okay, this isn't exacly a bargain unless you consider that it cost about a hundred bucks less than the Buy It Now price and if you compare it to what props/set dressing go for from other SF shows. I just got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220404273879
      Hey, Jan -

Bad linkage...

Congrats, anyway. Good find!

FP

Comment

I fixed it, FP. Thanks. The seller did a good job with the pictures he included on the auction. Without them I probably wouldn't have given in to temptation. At least that's what I'm telling myself...

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          I fixed it, FP. Thanks. The seller did a good job with the pictures he included on the auction. Without them I probably wouldn't have given in to temptation. At least that's what I'm telling myself...

Jan
          As if i wasn't jealous enough about your collection already! Congrats Jan.
          What a wonderful world you live in. -
          Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Originally posted by glindros View Post
            As if i wasn't jealous enough about your collection already! Congrats Jan.
            Thanks. And y'know...that's the real reason I went ahead and bought it - to make you green with envy.

Jan

Comment

B5 Items For Sale

There are 3 items. They are mine.
              http://sandiego.craigslist.org/searc...ry=babylon%205

Comment

Working...
              X