• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandragora View Post
    A video clip including part of JMS' presentation is here:

http://animediet.net/archives/4448
    Thanks for the video link.
    I've never had the privilege of meeting JMS, but I feel a little closer to that goal now. I can imagine jms right in front me speaking.

So this is what it feels like to be Jan.
    What a wonderful world you live in. -
    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

There's excellent coverage of JMS' writing panel here:

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultim...;f=36;t=007384

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        JMS had his writing panel this morning. Having experienced the way he can fill rooms, I went the comfortable route and attended the panel before his even though I had no clue about the subject. What can I say? It's more comfortable to sit than to stand in line.

Once that panel was over I moved to a position where I'd be able to see/hear JMS as well as make sure my recorder would be able to catch the questions asked, too. I looked around to see if anybody I'd recognize came in and only saw JMS at the very back of the room. Shortly before the panel was due to start a lady came to sit in the row I was in and was choosing a seat for a good view when the lady who'd been sitting quietly next to me looked at me askance just as I did the same to her and we both said at *exactly* the same moment "Jan?" "Jan" and it turned out I was already sitting next to PMvanova while I was looking for her to come in.

JMS's panel was interesting as usual with folks asking questions about agents and selling and characterization and JMS giving good, factual answers letting folks know that the road isn't easy but that they need to perservere (and write better inquiry letters).

After the panel, we went down to the show floor for me to hunt down a con exclusive that a friend wanted and we grabbed some food and went in search for a quiet spot to eat and talk. Later we went to check out some fan tables on the mezzanine (Lee, I left you a note) and walk the show floor some more.

I sat in on the Marvel panel and the beginning of the DC Nation panel and didn't see JMS at either. Now I'm back 'home' and I'm off to dinner and bed since it's midnight by my biological clock and I didn't get much sleep yesterday.

Jan
        Oh god you actually ate there?!?!

I've only been twice( including this year) and I am not nearly a brave enough man to try that food again.

That food should be declared a war crime and shot.

Comment

Originally posted by DodoBrd View Post
          Oh god you actually ate there?!?!

I've only been twice( including this year) and I am not nearly a brave enough man to try that food again.

That food should be declared a war crime and shot.
          <shrug> I've had worse. I don't expect much from convention center food other than convenience. At least the food there doesn't taste like died, formed salt. Actually, the muffins they sell are pretty good.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Here's a late blog entry about JMS' spotlight:

http://geeksofdoom.com/2008/08/19/sd...ski/#more-3283

Comment

Working...
            X