No announcement yet.

No JMS Post in 2 Months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the link, Belbo. That's great news.

Triple F, JMS's posts online on several boards during the series were indeed part of his experiment. He's cut back on posting considerably since the show went off as he always planned to. I don't know if he's posting elsewhere on a regular basis or not. I like to think if he has anything new to announce that he'll pop his head into the moderated newsgroup, though, since the mechanism is still in place to protect him from story ideas.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Travel Plans

Originally posted by glindros View Post
      I'd skip driving, and go for business class on Rail Europe for about $65 USD. They run about every half hour from Marseille to Cannes. It would take longer than 2 hours by car.
      Now that we researched Joe's travel plans. We should now arrange for the tux rental.

Dan Dassow

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
        Now that we researched Joe's travel plans. We should now arrange for the tux rental.
        Now that's a picture I'd enjoy seeing - JMS, Clint Eastwood and Angelina Jolie all dressed up.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Joe in a Tux

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          Now that's a picture I'd enjoy seeing - JMS, Clint Eastwood and Angelina Jolie all dressed up.

Jan
          Assuming that you and Joe attend the Emerald City Comic Con, would you be willing to ask him whether he will be attending the Cannes Film Festival?

Comment

Presumably it'll come up in whatever panel he does but if he's signing before, I'll do my best.

Jan

Comment

Just found on the moderated newsgroup:

Title: Re: Attn JMS: Emerald City ComiCon and Cannes Film Festival
              Author: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
              Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:06:38 -0700 (PDT)
              Message-ID: <b8957c[email protected]>

I know I've been absent here for a long time, but it's been necessary
              to getting out from under a number of deadlines and personal stuff
              that's been going on which basically put me into (or undre) the bunker
              to focus on getting things done. There was a two week period where I
              didn't leave the house other than to get mail. At all.

But with so much going on at the moment, I felt obliged to come in and
              put out some information, with the note that there will be more to
              come in the next week or so.

To the question of Emerald City Con, yes, I will still be attending,
              though I don't yet know the schedule. I imagine they'll mainly have
              me doing stuff on Saturday just because that's the main day for the
              con, but that's conjecture on my part.

Yes, I will be attending the Cannes Film Festival with Changeling
              along with the rest of those involved in making it. The announcement
              was just flat-out stunning.

On the work side, in the post-strike environment, I've 1) sold two
              original screenplays, 2) was hired to rewrite/basically write a new
              script for a project for the Wachowskis, 3) have just finished a deal
              to work on a project with Wolfgang Peterson, 4) have another spec
              script going to auction around the end of May, 5) just closed the deal
              on another assignment which is based on a very influential series of
              SF books, 6) have one more deal to write a remake of a nearly
              legendary SF movie that will close in a few days, 7) there's a deal on
              the table for both Dream Police and Rising Stars which I'm considering
              right now...all this in addition to writing The Twelve and Thor (which
              remains in the top 5 of best-selling comics) and getting the script
              books out the door.

Which explains why nobody's heard a peep from me in ages.

Now I need to take a nap.

jms

Comment

The man is a machine. I envision him much like Lorelai and Rory discuss Paris in Gilmore Girls: in response to Lorelai asking Rory if Paris ever sleeps, Rory responds, "I think she periodically makes a whirring noise and then just shuts down."

Comment

I'm really happy for jms professionally. On the other hand, All those projects makes B5:TLT seem like a back burner item.

And a big thanks to Jan for the update.
                  What a wonderful world you live in. -
                  Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

I have no doubts that jms would easily make the time to do another TLT, it's just having to wait around until WB gets off their butts and commissions another one that's the problem.

Comment

Predictions*-

2) was hired to rewrite/basically write a new script for a project for the Wachowskis

Is this a screenplay that the Brothers W have had laying about? If so, then it could be their old PLASTIC MAN script.

5) just closed the deal on another assignment which is based on a very influential series of SF books

This is surely LENSMEN, right?

6) have one more deal to write a remake of a nearly legendary SF movie that will close in a few days

METROPOLIS? FORBIDDEN PLANET? BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS? (Ok, kidding about that last one...)

* Based pretty much on guess work, hunches and no real concrete facts.
                      Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Originally posted by frulad View Post
                        Predictions*-

2) was hired to rewrite/basically write a new script for a project for the Wachowskis

Is this a screenplay that the Brothers W have had laying about? If so, then it could be their old PLASTIC MAN script.
                        Like was said in another thread, this is probably the ninja assassin movie..

Comment

Very interesting post by JMS. Could be some really nice projects there.

Comment

I'm going to throw out a guess that #6 is a remake of Blade Runner.

It is great to see Joe being recognized by so many big players in Hollywood. Let's hope the final results are a bunch of really fun, exciting, unusual films.

Go Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by NotSoWize View Post
                              I'm going to throw out a guess that #6 is a remake of Blade Runner.
                              Interesting choice, but with the Final (REAL Director's) cut just out earlier this year I doubt that.

Metropolis would be interesting...

FP

Comment

Working...
                              X