JMS at Emerald City Comic Con May 10-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMS at Emerald City Comic Con May 10-11

JMS is scheduled to appear at the Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, WA May 10-11.

Other guests include Adam Baldwin, Jamie Bamber and Julie Benz along with lots of comics guests.

I'm going...Jon (Smile of the Shadow) may be. Anybody else?

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

That's in my neck of the woods. I really need to get down for at least a day! I've been meaning to check it out for the last few years, but something always seems to come up. If I get there, I will be the one with the adorable 8 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
      That's in my neck of the woods. I really need to get down for at least a day! I've been meaning to check it out for the last few years, but something always seems to come up. If I get there, I will be the one with the adorable 8 year old.
      It would be great to meet up if we can. As it gets closer, I'll post JMS's schedule once it's up of if he posts it to the moderated newsgroup.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Do I get to go to one of his panels and yell "JAN, Where are you?", while you quietly try to duck behind the chair?

Comment

Do I get to go to one of his panels and yell "JAN, Where are you?", while you quietly try to duck behind the chair?
          Sure, if you really want to. Just think of what that'll teach your adorable 8 year old. It might be easier if you just look for me and one of my special convention totes. You'll recognize it when you see it, I'll bet.

Jan

Comment

I plan to attend since that's right in my backyard

-DougO

Comment

I was hoping that I'd get a chance to see you, DougO!

Jan

Comment

They have the programming up on the website, but no mention of JMS on any of the panels. Am I missing something?

Comment

They have the programming up on the website, but no mention of JMS on any of the panels. Am I missing something?
                  Not unless I am also, Karen. I sent an email to the programming person. I'll let you know. Of course he could always be on the Marvel or DC panels but that's not the same.

Jan

ETA: I'll go ahead and start a question to the moderated newsgroup, too.

Comment

This is the answer I got back from Emerald City Comic Con:

Hi Jan-

We'll have something with him, it's not concrete yet. Thanks!

Jim

--
                    Jim Demonakos
                    ECCC Organizer
                    Jan

Comment

Jan, do you go anywhere without attending a JMS function?

So what's JMS' future convention schedule ? I'd love to be there at least once when he calls you out.
                      Last edited by glindros; 04-22-2008, 12:12 PM.
                      What a wonderful world you live in. -
                      Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Originally posted by glindros View Post
                        Jan, do you go anywhere without attending a JMS function?
                        Sometimes I do but most often to conventions. I went to WorldCon a couple of years ago and saw Harlan Ellison. Also go to DragonCon sometimes.

So what's JMS' future convention schedule ?
                        I don't know of anything after this one. He generally only does 2 or 3 per year.

I'd love to be there at least once when he calls you out.
                        Calls me out?? That sounds like he's challenging me to a duel! Do you mean calls on me to ask a question?

Jan
                        Last edited by Jan; 04-22-2008, 02:34 PM.

Comment

The 24th is the last day to pay the advance price for tickets. I may have to buy both days since I don't know which day he'll be on a panel. I was hoping to only get one day because I doubt I'll drive all the way to Seattle 2 days in a row. Fingers crossed we find out soon.

Comment

If JMS answers on the newsgroup I'll be sure to post it here, Karen.

Jan

Comment

Thanks, Jan.

Comment

Working...
                              X