Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frulad
    replied
    Well, my knowledge of later seasons of the show is spotty at best, as I stopped watching regularly when I realized that they were making it up as they go along. (not like certain other shows we could mention here... )

Carter and Spotnitz were being so evasive about everything in their desire to preserve what the movie is about that it was hard to figure out at times when they were serious and when they weren't.

Leave a comment:

• raw_bean
    replied
    Well, I refreshed my hazy memory of X-Files with Wikipedia: "Despite her previous diagnosis, Scully was unwilling to accept her infertility and decided to attempt in-vitro fertilization. She asked Mulder to be the donor, but initial results were negative. However, in the Spring of 2000, Mulder was abducted at the same time Scully discovered she was pregnant. It was later revealed that she and Mulder had begun a sexual relationship shortly before these events."

I remember that now that I've read it. I'm pretty sure that Carter was serious.

EDIT: I also remember Scully referring to William as 'our son' in a letter she wrote to Mulder while he was on the run, though you could argue whether that signifies biological paternity or not.
    Last edited by raw_bean; 04-25-2008, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    The Scully's baby thing.

Leave a comment:

• raw_bean
    replied
    Originally posted by frulad View Post
    I thought he was being tongue-in-cheek.
    On which comment? I've seen several sites reporting both those points as serious news, so if so, people missed it.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Originally posted by raw_bean View Post
    For one thing, Chris Carter confirmed that Scully's baby William was, unequivocally, Mulder's.

And yes, apparently there's a DC comic series of X-Files on the way.
    I thought he was being tongue-in-cheek.

Leave a comment:

• raw_bean
    replied
    Originally posted by Donald View Post
    Had I known there would've been an X-files discussion I would've gone! Anyhing interesting come out of it? Upcoming movie news? Maybe books or comics?
    Not too much was said about the movie (it's a standalone story, with luck it might lead to more X-Files stuff of some sort afterwards), but a couple of interesting tidbits came up. For one thing, Chris Carter confirmed that Scully's baby William was, unequivocally, Mulder's.

And yes, apparently there's a DC comic series of X-Files on the way.

Leave a comment:

• sftv
    replied
    NY Comic Con

Had I known there would've been an X-files discussion I would've gone! Anyhing interesting come out of it? Upcoming movie news? Maybe books or comics?
    Both www.Newsarama.com and www.Comicbookresources.com have a lot of coverage of the conventoin on their web sites. They also had a Galactica panel with three of the recently revealed Cylons.

Lee Whiteside

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Donald, I know that Trekmovie.com has a link in the article called "Sci-Fi saturday: Indy, X-Files...etc" of the video from the X-Files chat with Carter and Spotnik...it's worth a little perusal.

CE

Leave a comment:

• Donald
    replied

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Originally posted by sftv View Post
    According to Peter, Del Rey will be handing out an ARC of his new novel, Tigerheart. If someone could get me one of them, it would be appreciated.

Peter's non tie-in novels have always had a hard time getting noticed and this looks to be one that actually has some support from the publisher behind it for once. The one he did for Tor last year was pretty much dumped out there with little to no promotion.

Lee Whiteside
    Lee, I wasn't able to get you a sampler, but I did score a small poster of the coverart. PM me your address and I'll get it out to you.

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
    Looks like I'll be around for a good chunk of the weekend, although it looks like it's going to pretty warm temperature-wise in New York over the next couple of days. Frulad, I might be at the X-Files round table tonight so if you see this post, make sure you say hello.
    Hey Joe! It was great to meet you on Friday night. Has your wife gotten over that food poisoning?

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Have fun, Frulad! Let us know if you find out anything about WoF.

Jan
    Unfortunately, We only had about 15 minutes with Chris Carter, so I couldn't slip in a "How about a return to television, and was that World On Fire series going to be about?" question I had in my notes...

Leave a comment:

• sftv
    replied
    NY ComicCon

Looks like its going to be an even bigger show this year. Both Newsarama.com and Comicbookresources.com are doing extensive coverage, primarily focused on comics.

The show looks to be turning into the second biggest comics convention of the country, not just a big regional con.

Lee Whiteside

Leave a comment:

• Joe Nazzaro
    replied
    Looks like I'll be around for a good chunk of the weekend, although it looks like it's going to pretty warm temperature-wise in New York over the next couple of days. Frulad, I might be at the X-Files round table tonight so if you see this post, make sure you say hello.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    WSJ Article on New York Comic Con 2008

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120848306949325167.html
    Wall Street Journal
    TASTE
    Time Warp
    By JONATHAN V. LAST
    April 18, 2008; Page W13

The New York Comic Con begins today, and with it comes all the geekery one expects of comic-book conventions. But something a bit more serious is going on in the world of comic books. Two new series, Project Superpowers and The Twelve, have taken heroes from the Golden Age of comics and plopped them down in the middle of the modern world, setting up a collision of 1940s values with a postmodern worldview.

In Marvel's series The Twelve, a dozen minor heroes are captured by the German SS in the closing days of World War II and placed in suspended animation. They are rediscovered in 2008 and brought to life in modern America. Created by J. Michael Straczynski and Chris Weston, The Twelve uses long buried characters whose rights Marvel already owned.

In many ways, The Twelve's superheroes are Golden Age archetypes. For instance, there's Rockman, who first appeared in USA Comics in 1941, when his origins were described as follows: "From the depths of the Earth comes a mysterious and powerful figure to inflict terrible punishment upon those who would endanger the peace and prosperity of the world's greatest nation -- the United States of America!"

The Twelve is a meditation on America, past and present. The heroes find themselves in an imperfect modern world but begin to realize that the America they knew in the past wasn't all that great either, shot through as it was with racism, prejudice and deceit. One hero, Mr. E., is a Jew who spent the '30s and '40s ignoring his family and passing himself off as a Gentile in order to live the high life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X