Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMS Appearances 2021 - Virtual or In Person

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    The recording of the Chevaliers Books event is now available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ho5G08pXU

    And yes, he does answer a question toward the end with small, vague B5 news.
    Thanks Jan, this was a really interesting insight into the novel, and cool to hear there are two B5 things in the works. Made me more interested to pick up Together We Will Go.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

    Kosh: Good!

    Comment


    • #17
      JMS will make an online appearance via the London Screenwriter's Festival on Oct. 9 at 8:00 PM London time.

      http://www.londonscreenwritersfestiv...el-stracaynski

      Alas, at $348 pounds, it doesn't look like I'll be able to tune in.
      Last edited by Jan; 08-25-2021, 01:59 PM.
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Jan View Post
        JMS will make an online appearance via the London Screenwriter's Festival on Oct. 9 at 8:00 PM London time.

        http://www.londonscreenwritersfestiv...el-stracaynski

        Alas, at $348 pounds, it doesn't look like I'll be able to tune in.
        My god, that is one hell of a price tag.

        EDIT: Looks like this price is a pass for the entire festival and ALL events.
        Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

        Kosh: Good!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Ubik View Post

          My god, that is one hell of a price tag.

          EDIT: Looks like this price is a pass for the entire festival and ALL events.
          Yeah, sorry I wasn't more clear. Sadly I can't find anything of an a la carte nature.
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

          Comment


          • #20
            Attention Redditors!!

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Reddit.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	159938
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jan View Post
              Attention Redditors!!

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Reddit.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	159938

              It was in the r/books subreddit and was interesting. he did answer my question about weather Together We Will Go would ever be adapted for the screen (Big or Small) and he thought it would be better as a mini-series and doesn't see how it could be done as a movie. But that there's been no requests to do so as of yet.
              All generalizations are false, including this one.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by AstroBoy View Post


                It was in the r/books subreddit and was interesting. he did answer my question about weather Together We Will Go would ever be adapted for the screen (Big or Small) and he thought it would be better as a mini-series and doesn't see how it could be done as a movie. But that there's been no requests to do so as of yet.
                Cool! I'm just reading through it now (work got in the way, drat-it-all)! For those wanting to read it, here's the link. https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comme...re_for_an_ama/

                ETA: I'm about 3/4 through and there's som GREAT stuff here!!
                Last edited by Jan; 03-02-2022, 03:32 PM.
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Jan View Post

                  Cool! I'm just reading through it now (work got in the way, drat-it-all)! For those wanting to read it, here's the link. https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comme...re_for_an_ama/

                  ETA: I'm about 3/4 through and there's som GREAT stuff here!!

                  Very GREAT stuff indeed !! Thank you for the link. Found his comments on how there are more "gatekeepers" rather than less of interest, as at first glance would have thought the increase in outlets/studios/distribution in the last 30 years would have made it easier to get something into production.


                  There was an Asked and Answered 5-volume series from B5Books which was one of my favorites. As of 2022, might there be enough material for another round of A&A books? (hint hint. please please)


                  "This is not a clear and present danger? I must read the rule book again."

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X