RIP Susan Ellison, Harlan Ellison's Electric Baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Susan Ellison, Harlan Ellison's Electric Baby

Susan Ellison passed away over the weekend at the Lost Aztec Temple of Mars, per Jason Davis, Harlan's publisher and several of her friends.

Some beautiful words of love from Harlan about Susan:
    https://www.harlanellisonbooks.com/s...son-1960-2020/

Here's Harlan reading the above story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UecD...RVBr1qZcL6t7KI

JMS wrote this about his friend
    Last edited by Jan; 08-04-2020, 05:53 AM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

That was a very nice note about his friend. Thanks for sharing.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
      That was a very nice note about his friend. Thanks for sharing.
      Welcome. I'd seen her at a few cons with Harlan but was only introduced to her after the memorial panel for him at SDCC in 2018. The first time I saw her was at a con here in Orlando and at Harlan's spotlight, he'd go off on a tear and then pause and ask "Am I being mean?" to Susan and then he'd calm down until the next tear. It was sweet to see. I would have liked to know her better.

One really sweet thing I saw somebody write (paraphrasing): Harlan was a devout atheist so he'd scoff if I suggested that Susan had joined him. But at least we know that she's no longer here without him. That says a lot about their relationship, I think.
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Hmmm you made me wonder who would be miserable if I were gone? . . . .

Speaking of gone, where the hell is everybody?!?!?!?! People need to at least start dropping in and saying hello so I know they are still okay.
        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Speaking of gone, where the hell is everybody?!?!?!?! People need to at least start dropping in and saying hello so I know they are still okay.
          We follow the path of the GreatMaker.
          He was absent on twitter for seven days.
          So we do it the same way...

B5-Stefan

PS: And I'm pretty sure, Jan will tell us about JMS' reasons.

--
          Dukhat: "I'm not saying anything. I didn't say anything then, and I'm not saying anything now."
          [Babylon5, In the Beginning]

Comment

Originally posted by B5-Stefan View Post

PS: And I'm pretty sure, Jan will tell us about JMS' reasons.
            He's said that he's involved with the aftermath of Susan's passing. I don't think it's speaking out of turn to say that he posted to his Patrons on the 4th that he'd be away for a couple of weeks or so. It's been a rough few years for him, I think. 2018 was when Harlan passed. 2019 he lost Buddy. And now 2020 has taken Susan. I'm reminded a bit of General Ivanova saying "I've buried too many friends. I'm starting to resent it.Somedays,.it's like there's no one left to play with.." Hope he's being as gentle with himself as possible!

Comment

Looney , consider this your official notice that I am still OK. Between work and moderating my own little corner of the internet (the IMDB v2.1 Movie Quotes board), I haven't had a chance to drop in until now. Hope everyone here is doing well.

Comment

Working...
              X