This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan View Post

Good to see you, JesseW. Are you going to ask a question for the latest video?
    Hi Jan! I've been trying to think of a question worthy enough to ask JMS for the video, but haven't settled on one just yet. Most of the things I would love to know are things he's not interested in answering or can't answer.

For instance, I would love to know more plot details about B5:TMOS, and if he could or would be willing to release the script to us patrons down the road. I imagine there are legal reasons this cannot happen.

I would also be interested in knowing more about the original 5 year arc for Sense8. Funny, I remember dying to know more about the original 5 year arc of B5. But then we got it in the script books!

And finally, I would love to know more about the B5 reboot series he briefly talked about a number of years ago. The one where he suggested that old B5 actors could play new roles. Bruce B. as the Earth Alliance President. I'm still holding out hope for this one to become a reality. I would much rather have a new rebooted B5 series, than a B5 movie. But of course, I'd take it any way I can get it!

Anyway, I'm still thinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

If there were a table in here I'd be chasing you around it with a cast iron frying pan!
      Hahaha, cue Benny Hill chase music! (this reference may be lost on non-UK forum members)

Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post

Hahaha, cue Benny Hill chase music! (this reference may be lost on non-UK forum members)
        Yakety Sax by Boots Randolph.

Comment

Indeed! :d:d:d
          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post

I am familiar with the works of Sir Bernard Hill, I mean Alfred Hill.

Oh Triple F you are sooooo right. That is what I was told so that is what I believe - plus it made sense and sounded exactly like what a studio would do. Plus I'm pretty sure those DVD sales numbers didn't break any records so it made a lot of sense for said studio to re-evaluate the budget of future projects. He did a heck of a job crafting a story that seemed completely logical to deflect from his own desire to not wish to pursue the project. .... I wish I had your sources, but then I might feel more personally about JMS. I don't know the guy. I don't know what he is like. I don't care. I love the thing he created. That gives me the desire to get more of that thing, but there is nothing in this world I can do make that happen. I can send him a little financial support and HOPE it inspires him to do more. I can send him a little financial support and HOPE he can use that as leverage tool to support a project I want to see, but I know there are no guarantees. Just like I know there are zero guarantees that if he ever did come up with a new BABYLON 5 project I would enjoy it. I did not particularly care for the OVER HERE portion of THE LOST TALES. I did not care for many aspects of LEGEND OF THE RANGERS, but there are parts of it I absolutely loved and I saw some REAL potential there to explore a plot thread that had a decent little germination in the original series. I did NOT enjoy... the music in Crusade, but I probably would enjoy it if I could separate it from Crusade. I know it is something I would like on its own, but it just didn't seem to fit Crusade and that association always comes back. (BUT note that I do get that nice warm feeling inside when I hear that theme music at the start of an episode.)

All cards on the table here I really like SENSE 8, but I would be a little disappointed if JMS came out tomorrow and said that all the Patreon support he has received has inspired him to do something with SENSE 8. I'd love to see it, but BABYLON 5 is my first love. (Just give me an animated series or something already!!!!!)

Here is a question... How do you think it would go if the above scenario happened? I mean what do you think JMS could do with a SENSE 8 story? I don't think there is much denying that JMS' public persona wasn't really to enhanced by his involvement with the project after the initial stages. Say what you will but most press on the series rarely highlighted his name. Now, I can't speak to what it did with his industry "street cred", but obviously it didn't help raise it enough to where he is doing exactly what he wanted to do. SO is there a way JMS could do more with SENSE 8 and could he do it without the Wachowskis?
            Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
              SO is there a way JMS could do more with SENSE 8 and could he do it without the Wachowskis?
              Nope. With or without them, he can't do more SENSE8 any more than he can do a B5 TV series. Netflix owns SENSE8. Sorry!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	sense8.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	156870
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Question for the video on the Patreon page submitted:

"​​​​​​I love all your past work. Like many, I was crushed when sense8 was canceled. I too want to see a JMS helmed B5 reboot series or a feature film. But my questions is, what's the next big thing? Do you have something you're brewing up that's going to blow our frickin socks off? Anything you can tease?"

Comment

Working...
                X