X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nottenst
    replied
    Another tease today. At least we know he is thinking of us.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    It was great. One silver lining of SENSE8's short life is that JMS should definitely have no problem doing commentary for every episode....... as soon as he does every episode of Babylon 5. I had to leave a comment that I hope he does Jeremiah as well.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    JMS' first commentary for Sense8 is now posted on his Patreon. For this first one, anybody in the $10 tier on up can see it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sense8.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	158226

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post

Not sure what you found negative? All I saw at the end was frustration.
    Yes "frustration" so it seems negative.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post

I found it to be quite confusing. The beginning sounded positive, but then the ending did not. I'm sure I'm misreading it.
    Not sure what you found negative? All I saw at the end was frustration.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Could be it needs more 'street cred'?

Joking aside, genuinely curious.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by nottenst View Post
    Today's non-announcement was tantalizing....
    I found it to be quite confusing. The beginning sounded positive, but then the ending did not. I'm sure I'm misreading it.

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    Today's non-announcement was tantalizing....

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied

Other news that's no longer behind the 'wall' is that Cory Doctorow and Neil Gaiman have joined the list of new authors for TLDV and John Morressy's story for the book will be included. Patreons got a look at a photo of the first page of the story.
    Those choices will definitely sell copies of the book, but boy are they dull choices, and authors that really don't need any more exposure. Neither are they new and interesting voices in SF. Will be fascinating to see the full line up, I expect it'll balance out with established vs emerging talent (e.g. these so much interesting SF coming out of Asia right now), and I fully understand that some big names are necessary.
    Last edited by Ubik; 12-29-2020, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Excellent news last night from JMS for SENSE8 fans. He'll be doing live reaction/commentaires on all of the episodes (except the finale which he wasn't involved in) in addition to select episodes of B5.

Other news that's no longer behind the 'wall' is that Cory Doctorow and Neil Gaiman have joined the list of new authors for TLDV and John Morressy's story for the book will be included. Patreons got a look at a photo of the first page of the story.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied

I did note a bit of a jump in the number of Patrons when the video was posted so you may be right. Or it could be a late bump from the Last Dangerous Visions news.

I was glad to see that you had an appropriate image to use over there, Looney. I don't think I'd recognize you without the proper emoticons!!
    I think the jump in subscribers is strongly linked to Last Dangerous Visions. It can only be positive, I think there was some mention of an audio drama being worked on now!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    HAHAHA I think I am actually working up a system where I only communicate using them. ? ? ? ?
    Oh, please - I beg of you - DON'T! I don't 'speak' emoji or .gif and get offa my lawn!

For those who might be interested, JMS has made one of his Patreon posts public. It's a missing story from "Becoming Superman":

https://www.patreon.com/posts/394093...e0aATuj1mHb1V0

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    HAHAHA I think I am actually working up a system where I only communicate using them. ? ? ? ?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    ?Really surprised this news isn't getting more reaction and questions. I am going to assume it is because people are joining JMS' Patreon to see for themselves. ?
    I did note a bit of a jump in the number of Patrons when the video was posted so you may be right. Or it could be a late bump from the Last Dangerous Visions news.

I was glad to see that you had an appropriate image to use over there, Looney. I don't think I'd recognize you without the proper emoticons!!

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    ?Really surprised this news isn't getting more reaction and questions. I am going to assume it is because people are joining JMS' Patreon to see for themselves. ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X