Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what are you watching during the lockdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubik
    replied
    I just finished up watching Devs, which I think I watched in 2-3 sittings as it was one of those 'I need to know more...' type mini series. Brainchild of Alex Garland, who wrote and directed the whole thing. 8 Episodes, done in one. Very visually stylised, probably what I'd call 'brainy sci-fi', with some very cool ideas on reality and time. Clearly well researched on the physics / science side of things, and no cod pop psychology or science. Recommended.
    Last edited by Ubik; Yesterday, 02:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    WOW! Slow or busy week for everyone?

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    Finished the first season of Altered Carbon and Black Mirror. Now watching the first season of Homecoming. I have the downloaded first season of Devs to watch next.

Leave a comment:

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    Originally posted by Ubik View Post

No Netflix?
    Noop, not much streaming here. We still do it the old DVD way here, like our ancestors did.

Oh, and I forgot we have been watching the Peter Davison years of Doctor Who. Poor Tegan.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Satai with Punsch View Post
    I am very annoyed that Altered Carbon is not available on DVD. It seems to be a good show.
    No Netflix? And TBH, whilst it looked lovely, I thought the show itself was pretty meh.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Satai with Punsch View Post

In this isolation we've watched:
    -the last season of Grimm. That show got better and darker with almost every season.
    Oooooo I definitely disagree with the "better" comment. "Darker" yes, it definitely got "darker" every season until the final season. The only reason the final season was decent is that they appeared to just give up on it. They really seemed like they just tried to make episodes fun and didn't care about what crazy idea they threw in because they knew it was over.

Leave a comment:

• Satai with Punsch
    replied
    I am very annoyed that Altered Carbon is not available on DVD. It seems to be a good show.

In this isolation we've watched:
    -the last season of Grimm. That show got better and darker with almost every season.
    -started watching UFO
    -a whole bunch of documentaries with a Victorian theme, like Victorian Farm, Paxmans The Victorians and his Empire, and Edwardian Farm, and the old Victorian Kitchen and Victorian Kitchen Garden from the 80ies.

I also do as Jan and re-read a lot of Dresden files books.

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    "Black Mirror" reminds me of the "Twilight Zone" minus Rod Serling's Commentary. "Altered Carbon" is the 0.1 percent of today if they were also able to accumulate wealth over multiple lifetimes. I could see laws written by the masses to stop wealth after each lifetime by requiring a 100 percent body death tax.

Leave a comment:

• Ubik
    replied
    Originally posted by Kraig View Post
    I'm almost through the first season of "Altered Carbon," and finished the first season of "Black Mirror."
    How did you find Altered Carbon? I thought it was a very pretty show, and I liked the world building, but couldn't remember the names of any of the characters and struggled to care.

Black Mirror is kinda fun, but does rely on the same premise over and over again and can be a bit on the nose in terms of social commentary.

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    I'm almost through the first season of "Altered Carbon," and finished the first season of "Black Mirror."

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post

On a not so serious note, I'm pretty sure a B5 themed EVERYTHING would be great for me. And a would a B5 themed mask be close to what Franklin is seen wearing normally or would we go full tanks on the side Alien Sector / ISO-LAB style?
    Perhaps something less drastic?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fabric.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	156305

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Kraig View Post
    a B-5 themed mask would be sweet.
    I too hope the process of recovery is going well. On a not so serious note, I'm pretty sure a B5 themed EVERYTHING would be great for me. And a would a B5 themed mask be close to what Franklin is seen wearing normally or would we go full tanks on the side Alien Sector / ISO-LAB style?

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    If you have a return visit to the hospital as a patient and it has been less than a month from being discharged they make you wear an N95 mask when you leave your room, or when people visit. Four or five years ago I had a post-op bleed from out-patient surgery for an abscess. I was put in a room and given an Incentive Spirometer and told to use it to avoid catching pneumonia. I asked if there was any way to avoid using the device, their response to get out of bed and walk. I chose that option, and they handed me a package of N95 single use masks, to wear when I left the room. After each walk, I put the used mask in my personal item bag. When I got home all medical equipment I got was put in a box in my storage room. I've got 4 slightly used N95 masks that I'm reusing, although a B-5 themed mask would be sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Thanks for the update. Hope everything's healing well. Around here every day is as uiet as Christmas morning. I've purple-ized my hair again and I'm starting a collection of genre face masks, or as a friend called it, Pandemic Coutour. The first one I got features Daleks and I've got a neighbor making me two more, one R2-D2 and one Stormtroopers. Believe it or not, I've even found and ordered some B5 themed fabric so I'll see about getting one or more B5 masks made. Makeing the best of things...

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    Not so much watching home theater, but having to do with the pandemic. I had a large piece of metal hit my leg on March 28, three inches below my left knee. Above where it hit there is significant swelling, and below it was also swollen with blood pooling around my ankle, foot and toes. I went to Urgent Care, they told me to go to the Emergency Room, and that I needed an ultra sound for a proper evaluation. I head to the local ER in Turlock (the same city as the Urgent Care) and it was blocked off to walk-ins. You had to come by ambulance. I left and drove to the next closest small city (Merced pop 80k). They had a screening kiosk in the parking lot for ER walk-ins. After screening I went into the ER waiting room. Only three patients, including me. The place usually has 40 to 50 people inside. With the pandemic, they only let the patients in, no additional family members. I got in and saw the admitting nurse, had X-rays, Ultra sound, lab work and the ER Doctor checked the results of my lab work, wrapped my leg and confirmed that I had no clots. Told me the swelling would continue for about 3 weeks. I was in and out in an hour. The hospital was like a ghost town.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X