Happy 2020 everyone!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 2020 everyone!!!!!

Just thought I would pop in and start a thread where folks can check in, share some holiday stories, tell us some resolutions, or let us know they are still out there. So have at it people.

I spent the holidays at my mother's bored to tears. LOL But I did get a chance to see the people I needed to see and now the LONG YEAR WAIT starts all over again.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Thanks Looney, wishing you a superb 2020!

Generally had a pretty good festive period, and have gotten back into making some music again. I am sure 2020 will bring new challenges and new joys. Been gradually working my way through The Witcher Netflix series at the moment between mixing and writing ideas. Very enjoyable.

I was reminded that we have the ST: Picard show to look forward to soon. Also, I really have to get going on the new season of the Expanse too. Good times to be an SF fan.
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

i've been binging lost in space while on call, netflix annoounced season 2 and i was like "there's a season 1?"
      but two glaring errors irked me
      1 in the first episode as they are crashing down on to the planet, it shows their altitude in meters
      the actors dialogue reads it off and says "xx FEET, gaaaaah
      second an episode i watched tonight, one of the team is critically injured (minor character, last name only) en route back to bae camp, he flat lines
      our genious teenage doctor - shocks the heart, gaaaaaaahhh
      otherwise fun escapism wiht pretty much sero science in the fi
      "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Happy New Year, y'all! Happy that you're here! I had a *great* January 1!

Some of you probably know about my 'MAKA' campaign (Make America KIND Again) where I have buttons and stickers and stuff to promote kindness in general. Sooo...yesterday....

Went to see "Little Women" (loved it-go see it!) and left my little box of buttons and wristbands on the car as usual. But the fun started when I got inside. I was wearing my MAKA embroidered shirt and as I got to the concession a lady employee asked if I hadn't been there before and didn't I have some buttons? I said yes and offered her and 4 other folks behind the counter buttons and they all were putting them on as I went to the movie. THEN as I was going out, the same lady said that her manager was complaining that there were no buttens for them so I left another handful. It looked like the manager was letting them keep wearing them which was both surprising and very cool.

Went to Olive Garden for lunch and the host stand was full of people who liked my shirt and one of them recognized me from the past (it's been *months* since I either went to the movie or to Olive Garden!) so I emptied my purse of buttons and promised to bring more in after I ate. Gave my server a wristband since I was out of buttons but told her to check with the hosts after I left for buttons. Took my box of buttons and wristbands in as promised and handed out more of both.

How cool is it that I got such a great reception and that folks are remembering me?!?! I'm so thrilled. Lovely start to the new year!

Hope you all have a wonderful 2020!!!
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Well done Jan! That's a worthy cause indeed. Politics has also shifted further to the right here in the UK, with Brexit further emboldening racists and bigots to be bolder than ever before. It feels like there is more hate than ever towards BAME / LGBT people. Well done for spreading love in such challenging times. I will be calling out any bullshit I see in person, and will do my best to lend support to those who are the target of this nonsense.
          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Thanks, Ubik! It's a small thing but I'm encouraged to see people determined to help spread it.
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I've been away, but I wanted to wish everyone a happy new year!

Comment

Working...
              X