This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMS Appearances 2020

Just found the first announcement of a JMS 2020 appearance so it's time for a new sticky thread as I unstick the 2019 thread. Man, the excitement here *never* stops, does it?!?!

JMS will be a Guest of Honor at San Diego Comic Fest (not SDCC-that's different) March 5-8.

https://www.sdcomicfest.org/j-michael-straczynski/

And just because it's handy, I'm going to include this link for searching for cons where whoever you care to search for might be appearing. https://comiconomicon.com/guest/1391...el_Straczynski
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

For fans in the San Diego area, JMS will be a Guest of Honor at San Diego Comic Fest Mar. 5-8. The schedule is posted now and there's several panels with JMS including a spotlight, writing panel and comics panel.
    https://www.sdcomicfest.org/
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Forgot to say how absolutely fantastic that map is when you posted it, but I am a little disappointed there are not more spots yet. LOL

BUT, I LOVE THAT MAP despite the fact I just found out C2E2 in Chicago is this weekend!!!!! Damn I am not prepared!!!!!
      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
        Forgot to say how absolutely fantastic that map is when you posted it, but I am a little disappointed there are not more spots yet. LOL

BUT, I LOVE THAT MAP despite the fact I just found out C2E2 in Chicago is this weekend!!!!! Damn I am not prepared!!!!!
        Looney, Looney, Looney...when will you learn that Con-going is Serious Business?!?! Sheesh, I've already got my SDCC membership, hotel and flight prepaid and it's not until mid-July (though that one is almost a second career in order to attend).

Comment

Truth be told I've pretty much lost interest in the Con-Going experience for now. I WISH I could go to all of them, but the expense and the lack of stability has really outweighed my desire. (Stability meaning guests I want to see canceling and so on.) See you know what to expect with San Diego whereas any Con I go to I could plan a year in advance to attend, but have no idea if there will be anyone there I have the desire to try and meet. Even if I knew in advance, they could cancel at the last minute. I REALLY just wish I knew there would be a 30TH Anniversary B5 Con somewhere that I could start planning for now. BUT as far as this year's C2E2 I really want to go see Takei and Koenig with a side trip over to meet Karl Urban. Who knows?! Maybe I'll run up to Chicago Saturday.

Comment

I'm off to the 2250 experince on friday and as we've another con to attend the following weekend, we've turn it in to a mini uk tour.Yeah I get how poeple can cancel sometimes, Real Life (tmm90 happens. If you've not read Pat Tallman's "Pleasure Thresholds" there's a new edition out rectnly and she gives an excellent viewpoint ont he con experince form the Guests viewpoint. Highly recommended.
            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

For folks in the North Hollywood area in March, JMS will be appearing to celebrate the launch of Resistance #1.

MAR18
              AWA Launch Event: Resistance #1 w/ writer J. Michael Straczynski

Public
              · Hosted by Collector's Paradise - NoHo
              • Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 6 PM – 9 PM PDT

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

Hey, I'm the guy who made that site. Glad you like it! Feedback is always appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by trevdak View Post

Hey, I'm the guy who made that site. Glad you like it! Feedback is always appreciated.
                  GREAT rescource, Trevdak! Thanks for making it. I've posted the link to a few FB pages, too, when folks ask about actor appearances. Great job, thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

GREAT rescource, Trevdak! Thanks for making it. I've posted the link to a few FB pages, too, when folks ask about actor appearances. Great job, thanks again.
                    Thanks! It's super rewarding for me when I find people who like it and use it

Comment

JMS has been announced as a guest for San Diego Comic-Con July 23-26.

Anybody going to the SD Comics Fest this coming weekend? Looks like he's scheduled for several panels.

ETA: Oh, my....just got around to reading the bio he wrote for this year!

J. Michael
                      Straczynski
                      Writer, Changeling, Thor, Becoming Superman

J. Michael Straczynski remains a frequent guest at SDCC, to the astonishment of both attendees and INTERPOL. He insists that he created Babylon 5 and Sense8, wrote Changeling, and worked on Thor, Underworld Awakening, and WWZ, but the smart money says he's faking it. Last summer his autobiography Becoming Superman came out to a world that was already fed up with him, and after taking a four-year hiatus from writing books for Marvel, DC, and Image, for utterly incomprehensible reasons he was asked to create a new comics universe for AWA. He just finished writing a pilot for USA, has three other series in development, and in theory has a new feature going into production this year. Honestly, he's like a George Romero zombie: he will not go down. (What do you think, Bill? Hysterical, right? Will upload the real JMS bio later tonight. Make sure this doesn't go into the folder for the website, I don't want to get in trouble again.)

Last edited by Jan; 03-02-2020, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Interesting posts from JMS on Twitter last night as he's reluctantly contemplating cancelling his appearance at the San Diego Comic Fest over COVID concerns with being in close quarters for 4 days. Given his age and history of bronchitis and pneumonia, it's a very valid concern though he's less worried about the appearance for the comic debut later this month since it's only a few hours.

Comment

JMS has cancelled his appearance at San Diego Comic Fest with great regret. Full tweet thread here:
                          https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...51631631245313

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                            JMS has cancelled his appearance at San Diego Comic Fest with great regret. Full tweet thread here:
                            https://twitter.com/straczynski/stat...51631631245313
                            Really probably the best call. I am soooo ready for this to go away.

Comment

To nobody's surprise, SDCC has been cancelled for 2020. Next dates are July 22 - 25, 2021.

https://www.comic-con.org/cci

Great news for folks who worked for years to get tickets, they'll allow the option for a refund or roll over to next year. That's something that's worried a lot of folks. Hotel reservation refunds will be done automatically over the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X