Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else still waiting for the signed Bookplate for Becoming Superman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else still waiting for the signed Bookplate for Becoming Superman?

I signed up immediately upon hearing about the signed bookplate for Joe's autobiography. Paypal went through and I checked and it does have ny shipping address correct. However it's been months and I've still not received it. Am I the only one still waiting?
    All generalizations are false, including this one.

Nope, I know jms said his plates had been delayed because of his accident. I'm waiting still
    "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

I know a fair number of folks are still waiting. I got the original order I put in but ordered a couple more when I got extra ARCs to give as gifts and I haven't gotten those yet. His travel schedule pust things behind and then his injury but he posted the other day a photo of (I think) 25 that were going out so the process continues.

ETA: The pics I've seen are all what I think of as his 'good' autograph as opposed to his 'convention' autograph which has a more rounded 'J' and less detail in his last name. Yes, I've got/seen enough of his autographs that I can tell that sort of thing!
      Last edited by Jan; 11-04-2019, 05:10 PM.
      "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Just to add my two cents and get some attention - still waiting for mine.
        Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Anymore confirmations of delivery? . . . . None here.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
            Anymore confirmations of delivery? . . . . None here.
            Nada so far

All generalizations are false, including this one.

Comment

nope, but we have a postal strike, whihc i fully support, since the postii here was privatised its been one disasterous decision after another, which are of course, blamed on front line stad in the name of efficiency"
              "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

In Louisville, JMS mentioned that they're still going out and was glad that his autograph is starting to look more like normal now. But he said he can only do so many at a time after his injury. The way he described it, it wasn't just a dislocation, it seemed like his arm was twisted almost backwards and he had to be anaesthatized in order for them to put it back in. He's still having PT a few times a week for the next few months. (ETA: No, I didn't ask about them, it came up as part of a different conversation.)
                Last edited by Jan; 11-27-2019, 05:24 AM.
                "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

My main concern is that I have to have been one of the first hundred or so people who signed up for them because I was right on that ball.

Comment

My main concern is that I have to have been one of the first hundred or so people who signed up for them because I was right on that ball.
                    Didn't you say that you had to follow up with your address? So, I'd imagine that would put you much further down the list when somebody would have to match up the payment and the address.

Comment

Stil waiting, will continue to do so patiently

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

Didn't you say that you had to follow up with your address? So, I'd imagine that would put you much further down the list when somebody would have to match up the payment and the address.
                        First I have no actual proof they did not get my address with my payment. Second I am pretty sure the follow up was less than 24hrs later. AND this was months ago so JMS has to have had someone going through and making sure these emails and payments all matched up by now, right?

Comment

First I have no actual proof they did not get my address with my payment. Second I am pretty sure the follow up was less than 24hrs later. AND this was months ago so JMS has to have had someone going through and making sure these emails and payments all matched up by now, right?
                          I'm sorry - you have 'no actual proof'? What's that supposed to mean? It's really quite simple - PayPal doesn't send out your address when the money is sent the way that it was done for the bookplates. Period. There's no question about it and no proof is required. That IS how it is. Second, just how much staff are you assuming JMS has? And exactly why do you think that? What proof do you offer to back that claim?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1025.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	155018Click image for larger version

Name:	Bookplate book.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	155020 BTW, in case folks didn't catch it when JMS talked about it, these plates are quite small. He designed them so they'd go in a particular place on the title page. Here are a couple of pictures to show the size and how little room there is for personalization, expecially if he's trying to make it look nice with a sore arm.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bookplate book.JPG Views:	0 Size:	101.2 KB ID:	155019

Comment

BTW, something of note: The bookplate signature above is what I consider JMS' 'good' autograph. The tighter, sharper letters. As opposed to the autograph in the book which is definitely a 'convention' autograph with a looser, more rounded structure. Why, yes! I have seen a few of JMS' autographs!!

And today's update....

Click image for larger version

Name:	slogging.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	155063

Comment

Working...
                              X