• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5-Stefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    strange footwear

The red ones are his superman-boots. Pretty sure!
    But this other footwear?? <hmmm>

Very deep thinkings
    B5-Stefan

--
    Delenn: "If the universe puts a mystery in front of us as a gift, politeness requires that we at least try and solve it."
    [Babylon5, Atonement]

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    WIsh I'd been there. Pat would have loved to take a pic with me.

So what did you do that wasn't JMS or Pat related? I mean did you make it to any other interesting panels?

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Greetings from SDCC where JMS had a busy day yesterday.

First up was his Spotlight Panel at 1PM. After chasing away some folks trying to install a lift up to the stage after his panel was due to start, JMS took a seat, explaining that while he usually stood for these, he was nervous about the first part of the discussion and his knees felt a little weak. He explained how he's used the phrase "If I can do it (be successful as a writer), ANYbody can!" but that without context, that's not helpful. Which is why he decided to write his autobiography. I won't spoil the book, but he made it clear that, no matter the circumstances, we all always have choices and it's up to us to determine what we become.

In professional news, JMS has just sold a novel to Harper Voyager. Not much in the way of details but he said the subject matter is controversial and when I asked later, he said it should come out in the Spring fo 2020, about the same time as the Becoming Superman paperback is released.

He's also writing a pilot for USA Network (as he's mentioned online). The news on that is that he's working with Brandon Sanderson on it and it's an urban fantasy that JMS says turns many of the standard tropes upside down.

He also spoke about his return to comics with the AWA (Artists, Writers & Artisans) company.

Next up was his signing at 2:30. There was a line of about 75 people or so and Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore was selling copies of the book right there and then. JMS personalized and autographed the copy I bought. There are quite a few pics in the middle of the book featuring many of the people we meet in the book.

Finally was his writing panel at 7:30. There was a Comic-Con historian's panel before his and they nattered on over their time until JMS walked up and playfully chased them offstage. The questions were good and there was a lot of good information for writers.

Before the writing panel, I stopped at Pat Tallman's table to say hello. She was about to call it a night but I got a nice photo with her. Other folks were coming to say Hello, also so there wasn't much time to ask about her Quest Retreats or other work. She'd had a 'Cosplay Over 40' panel on Friday but I missed it.

Here are a few pics.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Hardcover.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	153546

Click image for larger version  Name:	Book back.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.9 KB ID:	153547

Click image for larger version  Name:	SDCC 2019.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	153548

Click image for larger version  Name:	Pat.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	153549
    Last edited by Jan; 07-21-2019, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by sftv View Post
    Interesting that he mentions his return to comics in the spotlight description. As far as I can tell, there is no presence at San Diego (on the floor and programming anyways) for the new company.
    I asked him on Twitter about whether there'd be an AWA panel at SDCC and he said, no, that the first official AWA Panel would be in New York. He did talk about it a little yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• sftv
    replied
    The books at the autograph sessions are managed by Mysterious Galaxy, He'd be a bit too big of a line to do the signing at their actual booth. They still have yet to release the full autograph schedule. Interesting that he mentions his return to comics in the spotlight description. As far as I can tell, there is no presence at San Diego (on the floor and programming anyways) for the new company.
    Last edited by sftv; 07-07-2019, 04:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by sftv View Post
    San Diego has started releasing their schedule. Joe is not listed as a panelist for the Best Superpower panel. Nothing else is scheduled for Joe on Thursday or Friday, which is somewhat surprising since he is a Special Guest of the convention. Those who are attending I'm sure will have no problem finding something else to do on those days.
    JMS tweeted on 7/3 that everything he's doing is on Saturday. The schedule posted shows his spotlight panel at 1:00 PM and Writing Workshop at 7:30 PM. His tweet said his signing would be right after his spotlight which is pretty common. I'm a little surprised there's no signing scheduled at the bookstore's booth, too, but I didn't see anything listed on their website.

Sorry that he won't be on the Superpower panel. I'd have enjoyed hearing his thoughts on that one after Rising Stars.

Leave a comment:

• sftv
    replied
    San Diego has started releasing their schedule. Joe is not listed as a panelist for the Best Superpower panel. Nothing else is scheduled for Joe on Thursday or Friday, which is somewhat surprising since he is a Special Guest of the convention. Those who are attending I'm sure will have no problem finding something else to do on those days.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post

It definitely does though I think it might be better with fewer panelist - say JMS and McFarlane or whomever. I would like to hear JMS' take on those other creators.
    Agreed. I'm not a fan of too many panelists, either - unless it's a longer than usual panel slot.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    -----------------------

Sounds like fun!
    It definitely does though I think it might be better with fewer panelist - say JMS and McFarlane or whomever. I would like to hear JMS' take on those other creators.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    started a topic JMS - San Diego Comic-Con 2019

JMS - San Diego Comic-Con 2019

ust found the first panel that's showing JMS:

-----------------------
    Friday, July 19th

WHAT IS THE BEST SUPERPOWER? PANEL
    TIME 1:00 - 2:00 PM

Todd McFarlane will be joined by other top panelists including Jonathan Hickman, Jae Lee, Joseph M. Linsner, Alitha Martinez, and J. Michael Straczynski.
    -----------------------

Sounds like fun!
    Last edited by Jan; 06-28-2019, 05:32 PM.
Working...
X