• Show
Clear All

• JMS - San Diego Comic-Con 2019

ust found the first panel that's showing JMS:

-----------------------
    Friday, July 19th

WHAT IS THE BEST SUPERPOWER? PANEL
    TIME 1:00 - 2:00 PM

Todd McFarlane will be joined by other top panelists including Jonathan Hickman, Jae Lee, Joseph M. Linsner, Alitha Martinez, and J. Michael Straczynski.
    -----------------------

Sounds like fun!
    Last edited by Jan; 06-28-2019, 04:32 PM.
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    -----------------------

Sounds like fun!
    It definitely does though I think it might be better with fewer panelist - say JMS and McFarlane or whomever. I would like to hear JMS' take on those other creators.
    Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

It definitely does though I think it might be better with fewer panelist - say JMS and McFarlane or whomever. I would like to hear JMS' take on those other creators.
      Agreed. I'm not a fan of too many panelists, either - unless it's a longer than usual panel slot.
      "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

San Diego has started releasing their schedule. Joe is not listed as a panelist for the Best Superpower panel. Nothing else is scheduled for Joe on Thursday or Friday, which is somewhat surprising since he is a Special Guest of the convention. Those who are attending I'm sure will have no problem finding something else to do on those days.
        Webmaster
        SFTV.org
        B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

Originally posted by sftv View Post
          San Diego has started releasing their schedule. Joe is not listed as a panelist for the Best Superpower panel. Nothing else is scheduled for Joe on Thursday or Friday, which is somewhat surprising since he is a Special Guest of the convention. Those who are attending I'm sure will have no problem finding something else to do on those days.
          JMS tweeted on 7/3 that everything he's doing is on Saturday. The schedule posted shows his spotlight panel at 1:00 PM and Writing Workshop at 7:30 PM. His tweet said his signing would be right after his spotlight which is pretty common. I'm a little surprised there's no signing scheduled at the bookstore's booth, too, but I didn't see anything listed on their website.

Sorry that he won't be on the Superpower panel. I'd have enjoyed hearing his thoughts on that one after Rising Stars.

Comment

The books at the autograph sessions are managed by Mysterious Galaxy, He'd be a bit too big of a line to do the signing at their actual booth. They still have yet to release the full autograph schedule. Interesting that he mentions his return to comics in the spotlight description. As far as I can tell, there is no presence at San Diego (on the floor and programming anyways) for the new company.
            Last edited by sftv; 07-07-2019, 03:51 PM.
            Webmaster
            SFTV.org
            B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

Originally posted by sftv View Post
              Interesting that he mentions his return to comics in the spotlight description. As far as I can tell, there is no presence at San Diego (on the floor and programming anyways) for the new company.
              I asked him on Twitter about whether there'd be an AWA panel at SDCC and he said, no, that the first official AWA Panel would be in New York. He did talk about it a little yesterday.

Comment

Working...
              X