RIP: Larry DiTillio has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP: Larry DiTillio has passed away

Christy Marx posted the news. More as it becomes available.
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

JMS has posted about Larry's passing.

https://www.facebook.com/officialjms...737276?__xts__[0]=68.ARBRdzZorpsPv9nkZRxAMW_1OuEV3DIqadd3wcSt3YESdV IL84GCp4aiTKpgV1qOYgRUtfKdEEslOGXozJ7JUaWZ7W32PEd_ 8sKYSKGSX5zF3wCEeZT9LaOT_Mcyb9ZcKVIsjohPn_aFXvjMYj AcfJTodHEKIAXCCCZBZmpcvpT5Ch_wyJloDf1E68fqvJWAGatt _9xE_yJ4PD72a1W6RHukC1xD-qnBvTjfkg2dWLrFXIhOAYmdAt5olKg5DQa_P7SAQcfT-qJ1nbnO6xVRjcu5S51Ioqg79gIjVWa97A1upcABSKfZa-EuJUXbkNUcwhVl5qctN8fO3zYsVaHDxQ&__tn__=-R
    Last edited by Jan; 03-16-2019, 05:36 PM.
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Sad, Sad news.
      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

And to memorize his great work for Babylon5:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Larry_DiTillio_B5_eps.png
Views:	100
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	151267

B5-Stefan

--
        Lorien: "Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal."
        [Babylon 5: Into the Fire]

Comment

This is a real shame. Larry added a lot to the show and really fleshed out the characters in interesting ways. It also made me think that JMS seems to struggle to maintain creative relationships with other writers / creators. But that's a bit beside the point here. I am cribbing from B5 Scrolls' recent post; grabbing some of the John Joshua quotes from the Cinefantastique interview to highlight Larry's work on B5.
          Last edited by Ubik; 03-19-2019, 10:31 AM.
          Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Forum won't let me post the interview for some reason... no matter how I copy and paste the text. Link here:

https://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls/p...52839243097503
            Last edited by Ubik; 03-19-2019, 10:00 AM.
            Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
              Forum won't let me post the interview for some reason... no matter how I copy and paste the text. Link here:

https://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls/p...52839243097503
              Thanks for sharing. It was very interesting to read how much of the actors ended up in their respective characters.

Comment

Working...
              X