Luke Perry has died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Perry has died.

Damn, Luke Perry of Jerimiah and 90210 has passed after a Massive stroke last week.
    All generalizations are false, including this one.

Just saw that announcement cross my feed in FB. A tragedy.

Comment

Just saw the news. I'll admit I've been expecting it. When terms like 'massive stroke' and 'medically induced coma' are in play, it's not usually a happy ending.

Found a couple of tweets from 'Jeremiah' co-workers.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Warner.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	151079
      Last edited by Jan; 03-04-2019, 01:04 PM.
      "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Really sad news. Here's some more Jeremiah co-stars:
        http://www.andrewcardinale.com
        @acardi

Comment

Sad news. I am watching Jeremiah with a friend, starting this year.
          Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Like many others, I was quite shocked by the news. I'm sure about anyone else, but I was kind of frustrated to see that not one of the articles that I came across about Luke Perry's death indicated anything about his work on Jeremiah. Has anyone come across any comments from JMS on Perry's passing?

Comment

What is it with the last few years?! Damn. Pop culture of the 90s is edging towards an early grave.
              Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Truth66 View Post
                Like many others, I was quite shocked by the news. I'm sure about anyone else, but I was kind of frustrated to see that not one of the articles that I came across about Luke Perry's death indicated anything about his work on Jeremiah. Has anyone come across any comments from JMS on Perry's passing?
                In fairness I haven't seen a lot of talk about Mr. Perry's passing, but nothing I have seen mentioned JEREMIAH. Honestly I doubt you'll see it anywhere. Perry's career wasn't exactly noteworthy in the general public's mind after the popularity of 90210. JEREMIAH isn't exactly a TV Show title known in every household, just like the many low budget movies Mr. Perry has made since JEREMIAH. Honestly JEREMIAH came along when his career was taking a down turn. It doesn't matter to people who want you to read their article or watch their report on his passing. They are only going to mention work he is known for in the most mainstream capacity.

Speaking of his career, has anyone ever seen 8 SECONDS (1994)? This movie came out at what might be seen as the pinnacle of his career. It was a starring role in a theatrically released film at what could also be seen as the height of his 90210 popularity. I thought he was really good in this movie, but just a few years later he is a bit player in THE FIFTH ELEMENT (1997). I mean the guy was able to sustain a long career, but never really got as high as 8 SECONDS (1994). I wonder why? As far as I remember it was a somewhat acclaimed movie and I don't think it lost a bunch of money given the fact that it likely wasn't too pricey a flick to make, but that seems like it has to play some part. Maybe he just couldn't get past the stigma of being a TV heart-throb when he went looking for work elsewhere. Or maybe he had to turn down work he shouldn't have because of his TV contract. I don't know maybe people just thought he was a terrible actor. I admit, I've never thought he was the best choice for JEREMIAH. He did a decent job with the role, but I wouldn't say it was award worthy or even a reason to watch the show - "Oh you have to watch JEREMIAH because Luke Perry is sooo good in it." If there were any actor I'd say you should watch JEREMIAH to see I would lean toward Malcolm Jamal Warner. This isn't to say I didn't like Luke Perry. I liked him just fine. There are plenty of movies I watched just because he was in them, but I admit that he rarely did much more than an adequate job - which is good enough. If I was going to point to standout movie performances I have seen I would say that I liked him in BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER(1992). I thought he was great in 8 SECONDS (1994), but I admit it has been at least twenty years since I saw it. And he was really great at certain times during JEREMIAH, but there were also moments where he was really bad to just plain BLAH. Wow I had no clue when I started that I would have this much to say.
                Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

This was very sad and unexpected. I've never seen Jeremiah. But he was in the first Buffy movie

Comment

Working...
                  X