X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Putting this here so I don't lose the link. Might come in handy looking up other people of interest for con appearances.

https://comiconomicon.com/guest/1391...el_Straczynski

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    The video from JMS' appearance at the Politics and Prose bookstore is up. JMS said:

For those who couldn't make it to my talk at Politics and Prose in DC, the video is now available. Only downside is you can hear the legit terror in my voice given prior speakers. I'm rarely this nervous.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=hyt4Og0hc08

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Don't know if the days might be expanded but JMS is showing as a Literary Guest at New York Comic-Con on Thursday, Oct. 3.

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Guests/Literary-Guests/
    No, he's not! I asked if there might be more days and he says that a conflict has come up and he won't be able to make it at all.

J. Michael Straczynski

@straczynski
    ·
    9h
    I was only scheduled to be at NYCC for the one day, and the one panel, and a conflict just came up that I can't get around so I've had to let them know I won't be able to attend. Next time for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Don't know if the days might be expanded but JMS is showing as a Literary Guest at New York Comic-Con on Thursday, Oct. 3.

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Guests/Literary-Guests/

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    In addition to tonight's appearance in San Diego's Mysteriaous Galaxy Bookstore, there's another announcement:

Southwestern College - Chula Vista, CA - Nov. 7, 2019 .

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/j-micha...ts-72999739185

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    And another return to my Amazon Audio Book CD Set fiasco. I got a notification from Amazon last night warning me my return window on the original broken set was closing. I returned it and 2 of the other broken Sets on August 30TH. So I had to make yet another phone call because my Amazon account Chat function is locked to the chat session I had on the 6TH and won't let me end it to start a new session. Thankfully the Rep I spoke with told me they would close the return. It makes no sense. I sent that back on the 30TH and they should have known about it the second the box was scanned by UPS.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    I've also read (and spoken to author friends) who say that amazon's kindle pricing is high because these days, fewer people buy physical books, with commuting and travel and so on, the real sales point is kindle, not hard copy. As a result they will price the kindle high and discount the physical copy as kindle doesn't take up warehouse sapce. They then claim the kindle price is "set by pulisher". The authors I know say this is utter bullhockey.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    This is a price drop I would expect to see around Black Friday or closer to Christmas.
    I don't think I've ever seen a drop to where the hardcover is cheaper than the Kindle version, for sure. I've read, though I have no idea how true it might be, that the more reviews a book has, the more likely it is for Amazon to do agressive marketing and therefor, discounting.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post

I chose to buy it when I did and don't regret it. I was supporting the bookseller who brought them to SDCC more than anything since I already had the ARC. Can't say I've ever seen a hardcover for less than the Kindle version but it's not as if I didn't know that the book would be deeply discounted at some point.

Congrats on the bargain, Kraig! Hope you enjoy it.

ETA: I tweeted the info to JMS and he retweeted it. Also posted it to the Facebook JMSnews page. So I'm sorry you were annoyed, Looney, but you've probably done a nice thing for a bunch of other fans.
    I am always glad to help. It just really annoys me when I pre-order something and then the merchant drops the price soon after the release. I remember years ago I pre-ordered some expensive Blu-Ray from a company. It was released on Tuesday and by the following Monday they were offering it twenty dollars cheaper than the pre-order price I paid. Less than a week and I get shafted for pre-ordering. Of course the book has been out longer than a week, but it hasn't been that long. This is a price drop I would expect to see around Black Friday or closer to Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    So now you know what annoys me.
    I chose to buy it when I did and don't regret it. I was supporting the bookseller who brought them to SDCC more than anything since I already had the ARC. Can't say I've ever seen a hardcover for less than the Kindle version but it's not as if I didn't know that the book would be deeply discounted at some point.

Congrats on the bargain, Kraig! Hope you enjoy it.

ETA: I tweeted the info to JMS and he retweeted it. Also posted it to the Facebook JMSnews page. So I'm sorry you were annoyed, Looney, but you've probably done a nice thing for a bunch of other fans.
    Last edited by Jan; 09-15-2019, 05:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kraig
    replied
    Here is something that annoys me, but for all of you who didn't pre-order the book and get it when it was released you already have a chance to get it severely discounted.
    I'll annoy you even more, I just ordered the $12.93 hardcover copy from your Amazon link. I like having an actual book, I'm not into Kindle.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    So now you know what annoys me.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Something cut off your post, I think, Looney. What is it that annoys you? Enquiring minds...

ETA: Just clicked on the link. HOLY COW! That's a heck of a price cut! ($12.93 for the hardcover)
    Last edited by Jan; 09-13-2019, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Here is something that annoys me, but for all of you who didn't pre-order the book and get it when it was released you already have a chance to get it severely discounted.

Becoming Superman: My Journey From Poverty to Hollywood [J. Michael Straczynski, Neil Gaiman] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. <strong>Featuring an introduction by Neil Gaiman!</strong> <strong>“J. Michael Straczynski is

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Looks like JMS's appearance at the Cartoon Art Museum has now been rescheduled for Nov. 16, from 6:30 - 9: 00 PM

https://www.cartoonart.org/calendar/...el-straczynski

Leave a comment:

Working...
X