Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMS will be appearing at Book Soup in West Hollywood on the release day.
    https://www.booksoup.com/event/j-michael-stracznski-discusses-and-signs-becoming-superman-my-journey-poverty-hollywood?fbclid=IwAR1cmYakKgy_2JQAeo5CnZ1hXWE_lXq rs481x_neNwa9DVMR1F36dTdC-Fk

Click image for larger version

Name:	Release Date.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	153045
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      Anybody near Washington DC? New appearance announced.

Name:	Joe DC.JPG
Views:	380
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	152149
      The event on the Politics and Prose site is here.

2 key things from the page:

NOTE: Anyone can enter the post-event signing line provided they have proof of having purchased Becoming Superman from Politics and Prose. The author will sign up to three other items in addition to Becoming Superman.

This event is free to attend with no reservation required. Seating is available on a first come, first served basis.
      I have never attended an event there, but I am highly considering doing so. I plan on buying the book beforehand from elsewhere, so will pass on the signing line.

Comment

Neil, I hope you do go to the DC event. I'm tempted to drive out to LA for the launch event, but that would require taking two days of vacation. It will be interesting to see what kind of turnout there will be at the bookstore events.
        Webmaster
        SFTV.org
        B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

At Shore Leave convention this weekend there was a B5 panel Saturday morning (I was in the audience). Near the end of the panel I told everyone about the Politics and Prose event. Many had not heard of it and I think many were interested.

Comment

On the infinitesimal chance that it might prompt JMS to do drop by, I tweeted to him "I presume you will not have time to drop by Goddard Space Flight Center while you are in the area next month, @straczynski Thought you might like that we have had this B5CCG poster in the MMS Flight Dynamics Operations Area since before our first long eclipse season." I included a photo with the poster and a display we have up in the area. It would definitely be cool to show him around, but I doubt he has time in his schedule. Still, it is worth planting a seed. Click image for larger version

Name:	B5ccgFDOA_20160603.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	153632
            Last edited by nottenst; 07-26-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_934.jpg Views:	3 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	153726Click image for larger version  Name:	Chicago 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	153729 Photos from JMS' appearance at the Writer's Museum in Chicago yesterday. Thanks to Troy Rutter for the images.

Name:	image_933.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	153725
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Jan; 08-02-2019, 03:50 AM.
              "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

JMS posted that he will be appearing on Coast To Coast radio tomorrow, August 3.
                https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2019/08/03

Comment

JMS posted that he will be appearing on Coast To Coast radio tomorrow, August 3.
                  https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2019/08/03
                  I hope I can get to listen to it. Right now I am starting listening to the podcast you mentioned before.
                  Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post

I hope I can get to listen to it. Right now I am starting listening to the podcast you mentioned before.
                    Looking at the most recent past show there are mp3 downloads and streaming available, so presumably Joe's show will also be archived there.

Comment

Originally posted by nottenst View Post

Looking at the most recent past show there are mp3 downloads and streaming available, so presumably Joe's show will also be archived there.
                      Yes, but **only** if you register. Grrrr !

And it is behind a pay wall....

No, thank you.
                      Last edited by babylonlurker; 08-04-2019, 12:45 PM.
                      Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	image_934.jpg Views:	3 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	153726Click image for larger version Name:	Chicago 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	153729 Photos from JMS' appearance at the Writer's Museum in Chicago yesterday. Thanks to Troy Rutter for the images.

Name:	image_933.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	153725
                        Really rubbing it in aren't we Jan.

While people are reading here, anyone going to see Walter Koenig at Indiana Comic Con?

Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

Really rubbing it in aren't we Jan.
                          Hey, I wasn't there!

Another book signing event has been announced. San Diego, Mysterious Galaxy bookstore (same folks who had the copies available at SDCC) Sept. 17.

https://allevents.in/san%20diego/boo...organizer-page

Comment

Hey, I wasn't there!

Yeah I know, but I could have been. LOL
                            Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post

Yeah I know, but I could have been. LOL
                              Ah, yes...too bad somebody didn't let you know about it the *minute* she heard about it, isn't it??
                              Last edited by Jan; 08-05-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

From Twitter:

Doing an Ask Me Anything on Reddit today (Tuesday) starting at 3:00 p.m. PST.
                                Here's the link:
                                https://old.reddit.com/r/books/comme...d_were_having/

With a cute picture!

Name:	Reddit AMA.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	153779
                                Last edited by Jan; 08-06-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X