This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMS Book Tour/Con Appearances 2019

JMS announced that he'll be appearing at Terrificon in August.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Terrificon.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	150391

Also a new format for charging for autographs (which is extremely fair):

Name:	Charging.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	150392
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

JMS has been announced as a guest at Raleigh Supercon July 25-28. This is just a couple of days after his autobiography "Becoming Superman" is released on July 23.
    https://raleighsupercon.com/

He's mentioned that he'll be at San Diego Comic-Con but that hasn't officially been announced as yet.
    Last edited by Jan; 03-06-2019, 03:47 AM.
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Also announced is Terrificon in Connecticut the weekend of Aug 9-11:
      https://www.terrificon.com/media---cosplay-guests.html

That's three cons in less than a month! Guess he wasn't kidding when he said he was thinking of barnstorming cons.

Comment

Also Florida Supercon in Miami July 4-7

https://floridasupercon.com/guests/

Comment

I would love to see him at the Worldcon n Dublin. We shall see.
          Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

I asked, know several of the concom, answers pretty much no at this point
            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Not unexpectedly, JMS has been announced as a special guest at SDCC in July.
              https://www.facebook.com/comiccon/photos/a.327485762374/10157214942262375/?type=3&theater

J. Michael
              Straczynski
              Writer, producer, Babylon 5, Sense8; Author, Becoming Superman

J. Michael Straczynski has written hundreds of comics for DC, Marvel, Image, and others, created Babylon 5, co-created Sense8, received Eisner, Inkpot, Icon and Hugo Awards, penned Clint Eastwoods Changeling, and wrote for such films as WWZ, Thor, and Underworld Awakening. He is head of the creative council for Artists, Writers and Artisans, the new comic company from Bill Jemas and Axel Alonso; worked in the writers room for the upcoming Kong vs. Godzilla feature film; is writing a series pilot for USA Network; and his autobiography, Becoming Superman, from HarperCollins Voyager, will debut here at Comic-Con.

Comment

New Appearance Announcement! Chicago, August 1, 2019

Name:	Chicago.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	152021

https://www.amazon.com/Babylon-Encyc...s%2C154&sr=8-2

Comment

New post from JMS regarding availability of his autobiography at San Diego Comic-Con:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Preorder.JPG Views:	3 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	152060

I'll be attending SDCC so as time gets closer, I'll see about getting copies for anybody here who might want them and hopefully getting them autographed by JMS for you. Stay tuned...

ETA: I checked the bookstore's website and shot them an email about A) how to arrange pick-up at SDCC and B) whether they can arrange shipping. On that last, I'm fairly sure I'd have to use the Fedex Office site at the convention center (sorry, I'm just not able to haul a bunch of hardcovers home and ship from there).

ETA 2: Word came back from the bookstore that books *cannot* be pre-ordered for pick-up at the con (JMS has posted a correction) but I'll be getting there on Wednesday so there should still be stock when I get there.
                  Last edited by Jan; 05-06-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Anybody near Washington DC? New appearance announced.

Name:	Joe DC.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	152149

Comment

Working...
                    X