Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas to all! And Happy New Year, Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas to all! And Happy New Year, Too!

'Twas the night before Christmas and all 'round the station,
    Not an alien was stirring, not even a Gaim...

(anybody care to continue?)

All best wishes to all of you! Happy merry Holiday of your choice and Happy New Year, too!

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Merry Christmas Jan !
    And to everyone on this forum.
    Happy holidays and new year coming !
    "Ahh...Beautiful. I will miss this. When it is gone." Kosh Naranek - 26 February, 2258.

https://babylon5.xyz

Comment

Maybe this would be a good thread to remind everyone why JMS never did a B5 Christmas episode, if anyone knows.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! (INSERT EMOJIS HERE) LOL
      Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
        Maybe this would be a good thread to remind everyone why JMS never did a B5 Christmas episode, if anyone knows.
        Given that he did Christmas episodes for TRG, I don't think he has anything against them- that I'm aware of, anyway. Maybe he just never came up with a story he wanted to tell in that universe?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! (INSERT EMOJIS HERE) LOL
        And to you!
        "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

Given that he did Christmas episodes for TRG, I don't think he has anything against them- that I'm aware of, anyway. Maybe he just never came up with a story he wanted to tell in that universe?
          Yeah that is what I was wondering. I didn't think he had anything against Christmas episode in general, but I wondered if anyone knew a specific reason why there were no B5 episodes that actually took place on Christmas other than he was never inspired to write one. As it stands I enjoy that the holidays get referenced and I suppose a Christmas episode where Christmas is explained to Delenn, Londo (who would probably already know about it.), or G'Kar might have seemed like too much of a gimmick.
          Susan Ivanova, "I'll be in the car."

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            'Twas the night before Christmas and all 'round the station,
            Not an alien was stirring, not even a Gaim...

(anybody care to continue?)

All best wishes to all of you! Happy merry Holiday of your choice and Happy New Year, too!

Jan
            The Starfuries were hung from the Cobra Bays with care,
            In hopes that the launch order soon would be there...

Best holiday wishes to all!

Comment

Originally posted by alpha128 View Post

The Starfuries were hung from the Cobra Bays with care,
              In hopes that the launch order soon would be there...

Best holiday wishes to all!
              Garbiladi suspicious "it's just too damn quiet"
              "with all of these aliens, we should have a riot"
              "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Originally posted by phazedout View Post

Garibaldi suspicious "it's just too damn quiet"
                "with all of these aliens, we should have a riot"
                And Delenn with her headbone, and I with my hair,
                Had just settled our brains and had not a care.

When the Red Alert came, there arose such a sound,
                I ran to C'n'C to learn what they had found.

Racing to my console is just what I did,
                Scrambled Starfuries and armed the defense grid.

Comment

Christmas is gone past - New Year is coming
                  So

HAPPY NEW YEAR to All around here!

And Health and Happiness, Peace and Freedom.

B5-Stefan

--
                  "The purpose of all this is to keep asking what is the purpose of all this to ensure that a single, totally resolved answer is never determined.
                  Because then the universe would have to start over. The search for meaning is its own purpose." [Straczynski tweet Nov.30,2018]

Comment

Happy New Year, everybody! Please stay safe and always remember to be kind to yourself and others. Thanks for being here!
                    Last edited by Jan; 12-31-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Many happy holidays to you guys! I hope you had good ones and managed to get through them all in one piece.
                      And hey, look at the new forum. Looking nice and shiny!

Comment

Working...
                      X