• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino
    Right. And we call these people "perverts"
    The Internet: Where men are men, boys are boys, and girls are 45-year-old FBI agents.

Or something.

Leave a comment:

• Circular Reason
    replied
    ....teaches me to read page 1 first - oh well - never mind.

Leave a comment:

• Circular Reason
    replied
    its a good job she's not 69 isnt it...

can you imagine the double entendres then?

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by AmyG
    Believe it or not, it's become a very effective networking tool for musicians, so many of my friends/colleagues/clients who are composers of serious music* have myspace sites now. And they report that they're getting more requests for perusals, rentals, etc., than they'd been getting at their own publishing websites!

(*The term "serious music" is used to describe what is more colloquially called "classical music." The reason people in the serious music biz prefer "serious music" to "classical music" is because "classical" connotes a very specific period in music history (late 18th - early 19th century), and composers writing symphonies and chamber music and operas now are not technically "classical" composers, unless they are composing in the style of the late 18th - early 19th centuries. So it's a point of accuracy, really.)

You mean my rock band isn't "serious music?"

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Believe it or not, it's become a very effective networking tool for musicians, so many of my friends/colleagues/clients who are composers of serious music* have myspace sites now. And they report that they're getting more requests for perusals, rentals, etc., than they'd been getting at their own publishing websites!

(*The term "serious music" is used to describe what is more colloquially called "classical music." The reason people in the serious music biz prefer "serious music" to "classical music" is because "classical" connotes a very specific period in music history (late 18th - early 19th century), and composers writing symphonies and chamber music and operas now are not technically "classical" composers, unless they are composing in the style of the late 18th - early 19th centuries. So it's a point of accuracy, really.)

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Lots of people my age use MySpace
    Right. And we call these people "perverts". You usually see them on the local news in orange jumpsuits holding up little numbered signs after they've been perp-walked out of whichever junior high or high school* they've been teaching in.

Joe
    (Who is probably older than Amy)

* A recent survey showed that fewer high school students are having sex in the last year or two than in the period immediately before that. I thought, "Of course, their teachers keep getting busted."

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Hee... Okay, you're both on my Very, Very Good List now.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    The question is, what ELSE does she do like she's twenty-nine...?

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    You're in your forties? I swear you type like you're twenty nine

Originally posted by AmyG
    Eh, I wasn't really upset -- you did see the smiley, yes?

I guess I was just bristling at the implication that someone in her 40s is just too old to get the complete and utter hipness of a myspace joke...

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Eh, I wasn't really upset -- you did see the smiley, yes?

I guess I was just bristling at the implication that someone in her 40s is just too old to get the complete and utter hipness of a myspace joke...

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Yikes, tough crowd indeed. Sorry Amy, I didn't mean to imply anything negative

Leave a comment:

• Vyse
    replied
    Well I'm 21 and use myspace, though I only talk to people I know in real life on it. Don't get the joke either. Sorry, don't want to sound mean but not funny at all.

Leave a comment:

• Milkman
    replied
    tough crowd

Leave a comment:

• Boo Gee
    replied
    I thought it was funny. Thanks for the link.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    Er... Not liking the ageism in that remark, SmileOfTheShadow!

Lots of people my age use MySpace, but probably not the side of it you do. In any case, I know what MySpace is, I have been there and seen profiles, etc. etc....but I don't think that's the problem here. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it just wasn't funny. Sorry. And I consider myself a pretty sophisticated consumer and creator of humor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X