No announcement yet.

www.myspace.com/rastb5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hee... Okay, you're both on my Very, Very Good List now.

Comment

Lots of people my age use MySpace
      Right. And we call these people "perverts". You usually see them on the local news in orange jumpsuits holding up little numbered signs after they've been perp-walked out of whichever junior high or high school* they've been teaching in.

Joe
      (Who is probably older than Amy)

* A recent survey showed that fewer high school students are having sex in the last year or two than in the period immediately before that. I thought, "Of course, their teachers keep getting busted."
      Joseph DeMartino
      Sigh Corps
      Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Believe it or not, it's become a very effective networking tool for musicians, so many of my friends/colleagues/clients who are composers of serious music* have myspace sites now. And they report that they're getting more requests for perusals, rentals, etc., than they'd been getting at their own publishing websites!

(*The term "serious music" is used to describe what is more colloquially called "classical music." The reason people in the serious music biz prefer "serious music" to "classical music" is because "classical" connotes a very specific period in music history (late 18th - early 19th century), and composers writing symphonies and chamber music and operas now are not technically "classical" composers, unless they are composing in the style of the late 18th - early 19th centuries. So it's a point of accuracy, really.)

Comment

Originally posted by AmyG
          Believe it or not, it's become a very effective networking tool for musicians, so many of my friends/colleagues/clients who are composers of serious music* have myspace sites now. And they report that they're getting more requests for perusals, rentals, etc., than they'd been getting at their own publishing websites!

(*The term "serious music" is used to describe what is more colloquially called "classical music." The reason people in the serious music biz prefer "serious music" to "classical music" is because "classical" connotes a very specific period in music history (late 18th - early 19th century), and composers writing symphonies and chamber music and operas now are not technically "classical" composers, unless they are composing in the style of the late 18th - early 19th centuries. So it's a point of accuracy, really.)

You mean my rock band isn't "serious music?"
          Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
          True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

its a good job she's not 69 isnt it...

can you imagine the double entendres then?

Comment

....teaches me to read page 1 first - oh well - never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino
                Right. And we call these people "perverts"
                The Internet: Where men are men, boys are boys, and girls are 45-year-old FBI agents.

Or something.

Comment

Working...
                X