No announcement yet.

Declaration of Principles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually refreshing the main page for a bit too. I wasn't on the alert list. Oops.
    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Hi, long time lurker first time poster.

I was in 2 minds if I should get this or not. So when I checked and it was still showing as available I just went for it.

Cant wait to get it

Comment

Hurrah!!! I managed to order a copy.
        Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
        John Sheridan

Comment

I just checked in with the Declaration of Principles Crew and with ONE HOUR
          elapsed, there are still some prints available but they are suggesting that you
          hurry if you're interested in getting one. There's a limit of two per person.

Good luck!

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Just got home from work and ordered mine
            http://card.mygamercard.net/Wicked%20Vorlon.jpg

Comment

My order was placed and confirmed at 1:00:47 EST by the atomic clock... I really wonder how low my number is - could 47 seconds be the fastest, first order?? Wheee!

Comment

I guess we'll all have to compare numbers in a few weeks. I'm really surprised that there's still some left!
                Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow
                  I guess we'll all have to compare numbers in a few weeks. I'm really surprised that there's still some left!
                  I'm not suprised. There's still prints left at 3:45 PM Mountain Standard (GMT - 7) time.

The prints were priced too high.

FP

Comment

Originally posted by FuryPilot
                    I'm not suprised. There's still prints left at 3:45 PM Mountain Standard (GMT - 7) time.

The prints were priced too high.
                    For a collectible? I disagree. I'm not a huge collector - if I buy action figures, I open 'em up -- even the Shadow Sentient! But I know what people spend on art and signed stuff at cons, and $175 a pop is really in the 'reasonable, but expensive enough to still be considered collectible' range, IMHO.

Comment

Yeah it's that it's signed is what makes it worth $175. If it wasn't, and it was just the declaration and frame then it would be way too much.
                      http://card.mygamercard.net/Wicked%20Vorlon.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by AmyG
                        For a collectible? I disagree. I'm not a huge collector - if I buy action figures, I open 'em up -- even the Shadow Sentient! But I know what people spend on art and signed stuff at cons, and $175 a pop is really in the 'reasonable, but expensive enough to still be considered collectible' range, IMHO.
                        Sorry, never believed in collectables. They are just things. Works of art certainly, but still just things.

I guess I'm just not part of the consumer culture.

Of course, I don't really understand autograph collecting either.

FP

Comment

Originally posted by AmyG
                          My order was placed and confirmed at 1:00:47 EST by the atomic clock... I really wonder how low my number is - could 47 seconds be the fastest, first order?? Wheee!
                          If you look at your order detail on CafePress's web site, they list the order time. Mine says: Order Date: 7/31/2006 10:00:28 AM

In any case, I bet that you are one of the first ones.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that there were a whole lot of near-simultaneous orders in those first few minutes between online and phone orders.

Jan
                            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryPilot
                              Sorry, never believed in collectables. They are just things. Works of art certainly, but still just things.

I guess I'm just not part of the consumer culture.

Of course, I don't really understand autograph collecting either.
                              Yeah, as you'll note above, I said the same thing - I don't really do collectibles - that's what I meant by "if I buy action figures, I open 'em up." I bought my two copies of the Declaration to sell sometime up the road. I love the words, the sentiment; but I love them as G'Kar says them. I don't really have any interest in hanging them on my wall, particularly not in faux "ye olde documente" style. No offense meant to those who are going to hang it. :-)

And, I don't collect autographs, either. But I can understand the motivation behind doing it, even if it's not my thing.

Comment

Well Seven hours after the sale went live I just bought Mine. which is good because I thought they went on sale last night at 10 PM PST. so I firgured I just missed out, so I'm just happy to get a copy
                                "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Working...
                                X