Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Happy to post the links. Remember these are completely amateur transcripts. I was trying to show how much fun they are.

Here's the Hawthorne High School con

and here's the Philadelphia Wizard World convention.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Milkman
    replied
    OH, would love a link!

Leave a comment:

• Whitewashed
    replied
    Thanks for the report. It's great to know that there will still be something made with the B5 universe.

Leave a comment:

• B5_Obsessed
    replied
    Originally posted by ljg702
    It would be nice to actually see some B5 stuff that's not filmed in a studio.
    Studio may be too lofty a description, since Babylon 5 was filmed in an abandoned hot tub factory.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    If it's any help at all, Milkman, I've done some transcripts for other JMS sessions in the past so you could read some of the stories he's told. Let me know if you'd like me to link to the transcripts.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Milkman
    replied

My chances of hearing him in person are slim to none... at least anytime soon. Not many conventions in my area... not many big ones even close that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to travel too. Hopefully the info gets put up again even just a small chunk of it would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Exactly, Phaze. If he'd done that, he'd've been doing a big favor for fans who might never have a chance to see JMS in person. Heck, if he still does that I think it'd be okay...but I don't know what JMS might have said to him. I notice that the JMS/Aaron picture has been taken down, too.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    Jan,

I agree with you, I was just idly speculating on what it would have been like to hear and was kinda interested in what eh said. I was thinking that if Aaron had removed the bits that JMS wanted kept confidential then the rest of the talk would have been good to listen to.

Phaze
    on the "editing xml in work is not fun" ID

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    The thing is, the person who posted the recordings without editing out the items JMS asked to have kept off the nets broke a trust. JMS has shared confidential information with con guests many times over the years and seldom has that trust been broken. JMS has been online for too many years not to have caught him.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    Don't feel so bad Milkman, I missed it too, and I was the one that mentioned it here. Guess if you weren't there, then you weren't meant to hear it
    Phaze
    on the "podcast one now up on website, need to edit xml feed though"

Leave a comment:

• Milkman
    replied
    Originally posted by phazedout
    said podcast recording has been pulled at JMS's own request. PErhaps we should avoid speculation until JMS makes the announcement himself, wouldn't want to queer the field.

Phaze
    on the "final editing on podcast one taking place tonight" ID
    Man! I missed it.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    And remember all, there are certain B5 stories that simply cannot be told anymore, now that neither G'Kar nor Franklin can be written into anything featuring live actors.

I snagged the audio from the con before it was removed, and it was very clear from JMS's extremely labored response to the G'Kar/Lyta question that, at least speaking of G'Kar, "the character is gone."

I don't know about JMS - it sounded like he might have been holding back a sniffle or two - but I cried just hearing him say that, and hearing the emotion in his voice.

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    said podcast recording has been pulled at JMS's own request. PErhaps we should avoid speculation until JMS makes the announcement himself, wouldn't want to queer the field.

Phaze
    on the "final editing on podcast one taking place tonight" ID

Leave a comment:

• ljg702
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Hi ljg, welcome aboard.

The only issue I have with your conjecture is that I thought JMS said he didn't want to do a movie. Or maybe he said big movie? I'm not certain and my recorder ate my tape.

At any rate, SDCC preview night is two weeks from today so hopefully we'll find out for sure then.

Jan
    On the podcast recording JMS says he doesn't want to do a big B5 movie but something smaller and more interesting....

Les

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Hi ljg, welcome aboard.

The only issue I have with your conjecture is that I thought JMS said he didn't want to do a movie. Or maybe he said big movie? I'm not certain and my recorder ate my tape.

At any rate, SDCC preview night is two weeks from today so hopefully we'll find out for sure then.

Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X