No announcement yet.

Anyone going to see JMS this weekend?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's very excited about it, that's for sure. When he was introduced at the Marvel panel yesterday, he slipped in that he'd sold the script to Ron Howard. It's definitely a big thing for his career.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja_Squirrel
      Hi, Jan. When you spouted off a few JMS statistics by memory, I thought you might be "thee" Jan.
      Yeah, and I was wrong on the number of posts. Sorry I missed you, anyway.

Anyway, because of all that, I found the rest of the con not too interesting--just rack after rack, box after box, stack after stack of comic books. I really only went to listen to JMS's talk and get his autographs.
      Me too, mostly. I've been to a whole lotta cons lately and I think the dealers rooms all look alike these days. I'm going today mainly to say hello to Colleen Doran who's doing the art for JMS's Book of Lost Souls which is *excellent*.

It was worth getting the day off work, 3.25 hours on the road, and spending money on admission & parking just to hear JMS. I wish he'd come to Charlotte more often (or Greensboro, or Raleigh).
      I think we can thank the fact that he has to come to New York so frequently that he's been doing as many East coast cons the past few years.

What other titles does JMS write right now? I know Squadron Supreme (I have the first two issues of that). Wasn't he going to write for F4 and Silver Surfer? Also, did he ever finish Rising Stars? I have the first two graphic novel volumes, but I've never found the final volume.
      Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Squadron Supreme, Book of Lost Souls and some minis coming up one being Silver Surfer and a book called 'Bullet Points'. Yes, he did finish Rising Stars. He has another book coming up that he can't talke about as yet.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Thanks for the audio link.

Interesting stuff (listened up to the B5 info). Hopefuly it will happen (whatever it is) and we will learn more about this soon. Also it was nice to hear that the The Changeling might be Howards's next movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
          I was the one who teased JMS about the number of posts archived here at JMSNews.com
          Really? You said something about 27 thousand *lol* I just heard it on the podcast - didn't know you are female (I hope I'm not wrong - that would be emberrassing for me >.< :lol: )
          When is the con in San Diego? Unfortunately I can't afford flying to the US but I'm keen on some more B5 news ^^

Comment

Jan Dodonna is the only male I've heard of with that name...
            Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Jan Ullrich (cyclist)

Comment

Jan Hammer? <grabs coat>

Comment

Jan Stenarud (I think that is how it is spelled. Place Kicker for the KC Cheifs in the 1970s)
                  ---
                  Co-host of The Second Time Around podcast
                  www.benedictfamily.org/podcast

Comment

"Jan" on behindthename.com

Put simply, "Jan" is a feminine name in English, but it's not for other languages. It etymologically comes from the same place English speakers get "John".

Comment

Foreigners don't count.
                      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Don't forget demolished former movie star Jan Michael Vincent
                        Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

And the famous 20th century Jewish-American tenor, Jan Peerce.

Comment

Foreigners don't count.
                            'Cause Lord knows there aren't any non-English-originating groups within the citizenry of the US.

Comment

I believe there's an older actor or comedian named Jan Murray.
                              Rat Pack era stuff.
                              Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

Originally posted by Whyruss
                                Really? You said something about 27 thousand *lol* I just heard it on the podcast - didn't know you are female (I hope I'm not wrong - that would be emberrassing for me >.< :lol: )
                                When is the con in San Diego? Unfortunately I can't afford flying to the US but I'm keen on some more B5 news ^^
                                Yes, I'm female. And I said 17,755 instead of 17,555 (actually 17,558 now). But I was just teasing him anyhow. If he catches me in the mistake he can gig me in San Diego. (And the one male Jan I knew pronounced his name Yon)

San Diego Comic Con is 7/20-24 with preview night on the 19th. I'll be there for the entire thing. Sheesh, only 16 days from now!

Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X