Moderated Newsgroup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderated Newsgroup??

Hi Jan, Just a question about the moderated board. Nothing is happening over there. Is it because of the moderators move? I really miss lurking over there.
    Joan

Joan,

Cheryl told us yesterday that the server was up and running but that apparently the posts weren't 'propogating' (whatever that is! <g>). She's checking on it. If I hear anything, I'll post it here. In fact, hope you don't mind but I'll change the thread name here so others will know, too.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Fine with me about the name change. I should have thought of that myself. Thanks for the info.
      Joan

Comment

Cheryl told me yesterday that the newsgroup should be okay but that traffic is way down. She's still tied up with a fair amount of moving stuff so there may be gaps in when she moderates.

I think quite a lot of messages are still missing but I've sent a couple notes off.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

IT does seem very quiet, I haven't seen a note from JMS since 21/2, and was wondering if this new series is gobbling up all of his time.
          Phaze
          on the "JMS, JMS, wherefore art thou JMS" ID
          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Originally posted by phazedout
            on the "JMS, JMS, wherefore art thou JMS" ID
            JMS, why are you JMS? is an interesting question.
            To be or not to be JMS, that's another question.

But seriously, I'm also missing my JMS-repost fix! Hope something comes through and gets archived soon.
            Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
            James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Since the moderated board is slow and the above topic is JMS. Has anyone heard about the progress of his new TV program. I thought that he had mentioned something about announcing it in March and March is about over. I am missing his occasional interaction with us.
              Joan

Comment

Originally posted by babylon1122
                Since the moderated board is slow and the above topic is JMS. Has anyone heard about the progress of his new TV program. I thought that he had mentioned something about announcing it in March and March is about over. I am missing his occasional interaction with us.
                Most likely (99,9%) its "Masters of Science Fiction" which is scheduled to start shooting in May.

Comment

Working...
                X