New JMS show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ljg701 View Post
    If this is the same show as mentioned in this article, it looks in serious trouble.

Masters Of Science Fiction - Problematic
    Wow, if this is true, it must be seriously bad if the president of the production company feels obliged to start making excuses for it before it's even aired..

Comment

The episode that JMS originally wrote is one of the ones NOT being aired. This is the one that, when asked why The Futon Critic showed Sam Egan as the writer he posted:

Upon reviewing the extensive revisions done up in Canada, which I
      didn't see until almost time to shoot, I felt that the end product did
      not reflect my work and deleted my credit. It's Egan's draft, and he
      should receive appropriate credit.
      Ouch.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that after a search, Jan, but "Nightbird" is still going to be aired. That is, unless the series is 86'd before they even reach that episode.

I'd like some elucidation on this supposed unevenness.

Actually, removing one's credit from a show is not very uncommon. It happened a lot with ST. When a name couldn't be removed, a pseudonym was used.
        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Originally posted by thebaron View Post
          Maybe the spinoff of Lost where people get stuck in Trenton, NJ. Talk about an allogory for Hell...
          I'm from Rahway, NJ and I'm still laughing at this. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by LessonInMachismo View Post
            Yeah, I saw that after a search, Jan, but "Nightbird" is still going to be aired. That is, unless the series is 86'd before they even reach that episode.
            My understanding was that they were only planning on airing four of the six episodes made and that 'Nightbird' wasn't among them. Of course something may have changed. I kind of lost interest after a year or nearly so passed after they were made and not shown.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

From what I'm reading, four are supposedly going to air and the rest are up in the air. But come on, I doubt even the first four are guaranteed to air. Whatever the case, the show will come out on DVD eventually. Or cable will pick it up.

I am kind of excited about the show.
              Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Working...
              X