B5 quote goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B5 quote goodies

My eyes opened rather wide this morning when I found this on the moderated newsgroup:
    Title: Volume 2 11/26
    Author: [email protected]
    Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 03:30:13 +0000 (UTC)
    Message-ID: <[email protected] .com>

Just a reminder notice to everybody that the second volume of the B5
    script books will become available tomorrow, the 26th, at 6:00 p.m.
    Pacific.

And in answer to the requests for getting Cool Stuff featuring B5
    quotes with Christmas coming on...you'll find it there at around the
    same time. Basically, I figured...what would I like to have? So I
    went through, picked out my favorite quotes, gave them to the B5
    scripts team...and they came back with Mucho Goodness.

I think one of them in particular will make Jan very happy.

jms
    Of course, my all-time favorite JMS quote has never been said yet... Maybe my .sig will be one of them?
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

JMS: "I think one of them in particular will make Jan very happy."

... Damn, Jan. I'm so jealous! To be known, on a first name basis, by "The Man".

.. Very cool. Very cool indeed. Rubbing elbows with the rich and famous, and all. (I met Ozzie Ozbourne once... he didn't seem too impressed. )

... More on-topic, a section of best quotes? Well... looks like I gotta buy the next 2 books, eh.
    "I think I'll pass on the tuna, thanks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Puzzled Pak'Ma'Ra
      ... Damn, Jan. I'm so jealous! To be known, on a first name basis, by "The Man".
      It's just because I've been popping up asking him questions for a long time now. JMS is very aware of his fans and knows who a lot of us are. You'd see him calling a lot of people by name at convention appearances. My 'claim to fame' is the script collection so I wonder if there'll be a quote about them I can order? We'll see.

... More on-topic, a section of best quotes? Well... looks like I gotta buy the next 2 books, eh.
      Oops, not a section of best quotes in the books. What JMS is talking about comes from somebody asking about new B5 stuff from Cafe Press. If you check out the rest of their site, you'll see that they custom make hats, t-shirts, bags, polo shirts, backpacks....lots of things in addition to doing the print-on-demand book printing. Since all the images and logos belong to WB, nothing like that could be done but JMS can do anything he wants with the quotes and seems to have come up with some ideas. This post explains a little about it.

Can't wait to see what they are.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Jan I have a question. When I go to the moderated group my page is not updated. The last message date I have is Nov. 24th. I am wondering if it's because of your Thanksgiving? Did you get the message about the quote merchandise from the newsgroup? I don't belong to the newsgroup just the moderated board.
        Joan

Comment

What is it that you're using to read newsgroup posts, Joan? If it's Google Groups, for example, they often run 8-16 hours behind in showing posts, though just as often, posts show up right away. I just checked it and I don't see the JMS post I quoted there yet.

Being a moderated group, pretty much all new threads and new posters are hand moderated and many of the threads themselves have to pass through moderation. So, yes, sometimes there's a fair lag before posts get through at all. I was just checking my newsreader (Newsguy) and a whole lotta new posts just showed up.

Since the show's been off the air, I think the group is down to pretty much just Cheryl to moderate so if she's busy, there's lags. Also sometimes the system seems to get hung up and posts disappear into the ether and Jay has to wave his magic wand to un-hang them.

So to answer your question, yes, the hang-up was/is probably because of Thanksgiving but also there's a human factor and possibly a newsreader factor involved in the lag. Amazing we communicate at all, huh?

Jan

Comment

Thanks Jan. It has happened to me before so I will have to wait it out. I'm going to have to look into a news reader.
            Joan

Comment

For those interested in the quote items JMS is offering, check out the Joe Store.

I've picked up two things already and I've almost got myself talked into two more...

'One thing' will make me happy...HA! 'One thing' indeed! He hates me. I can tell. It's a conspiracy to make me broke and crazy....

Jan

Comment

I am becoming poorer by the minute. I just finished buying 3 things besides the Volumn #2. At least this time I was able to use the $10.00 off coupon. Life is good.
                Joan

Comment

Mugs

Same here.
                  I wanted to buy a mug too, but... do you think it would survive the trip over the ocean?
                  Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
                  John Sheridan

Comment

I was really hoping there would be some baby clothes there. My 8 month old daughter needs a shirt that says "In purple I'm stunning."

She'll just have to share her mom's shirt when she gets older!

Comment

B5 Quote items

Hello,
                      Long-time JMSNews junkie, first-time poster here. I was looking over the B5 quote items recently made available on Cafe Press and, after salivating over all the quotable goodness, came to realize that the Articles of Freedom really deserve a medium more dignified than a thow pillow or a post card. I had in mind something along the lines of a plaque or an 8x12 suitable for framing. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can make this request known to JMS and/or Cafe Press?

Thanks and please forgive any inadvertant newbie-ness,

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by skywalkrz
                        Hello,
                        Long-time JMSNews junkie, first-time poster here.
                        Hi, Brian, welcome out of Lurkdom!

I was looking over the B5 quote items recently made available on Cafe Press and, after salivating over all the quotable goodness, came to realize that the Articles of Freedom really deserve a medium more dignified than a thow pillow or a post card. I had in mind something along the lines of a plaque or an 8x12 suitable for framing. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can make this request known to JMS and/or Cafe Press?
                        There is indeed. Two actually. You can send an email to the B5 scripts team (click on the FAQ button on the Babylon5scripts.com site and head toward the bottom) or you can post a note to the moderated newsgroup with an Attn: JMS post (keeping in mind that it takes approximately a solar year for new threads to show up lately).

You might want to look at the Quote-per-month calendar, though. It'll have all the quotes plus the Declaration on the front cover.

Thanks and please forgive any inadvertant newbie-ness,
                        We're all new at some point. Pick a thread and join the conversation!

Jan

Comment

One of those long-stemmed glasses that Londo always used, with a likeness of Londo and the quote "I need a drink." might catch my eye!

Comment

Thanks Jan,
                            I sent a note to Cafe Press like you suggested. Ever since I went high-speed though, I've lost access to view usenet. I suppose if I were more technically inclined I might be able find out how to get to it. If anyone uses Earthlink and knows if they support usenet access, I'd love to hear how. Also, if anyone feels the same way about the Declaration of Principles (did I say Articles of Freedom before? Whew, don't know where that came from!), feel free to post to the usenet forum. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, Brian

Comment

Originally posted by skywalkrz
                              I sent a note to Cafe Press like you suggested.
                              Cafe Press? Or the B5 scripts team? It's the latter who might be able to help with your suggestion. Cafe Press is the company that makes up the items and sends them, but the Script/Quote team is who sets things up.

Ever since I went high-speed though, I've lost access to view usenet.
                              Check out Google Groups which is free. It's awkward and not the best of systems but even JMS uses it these days since AOL dropped newsgroup service. There's a little more info about it in the FAQ.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X