Rising Stars collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising Stars collection

I almost hate to mention this, due to the competition it might create, but did you all see the two new Hardcover collections of Rising stars in the new Previews?

I've got the two trades, the third one's coming and soon I'll be waiting on the hardcover...

Woo hoo!

Mike

Hi folks,

I'd love to get the announced Rising Stars hardcover with all 24 issues. Release date was in April 2005. Till now nothing arrived in the comic stores.

What happened to the hardcover edition?

Comment

Originally posted by philos
      I'd love to get the announced Rising Stars hardcover with all 24 issues. Release date was in April 2005. Till now nothing arrived in the comic stores.

What happened to the hardcover edition?
      According to Amazon.com, it came out in June. It shows a shipping time of 3-5 weeks, though, so apparently they don't keep it in stock.

Amazon RS hardcover

Oddly enough, though, the trade paperback for volume 3 of Rising Stars still shows that it's not released yet.

Have you asked your comic shop if they ordered any?

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

@Jan:

Thanks for your quick reply.

Surely, I ordered a hardcover copy in March but till now my lcs didn't get one. I don't believe it came out in June despite amazon's information.

In Amazon Germany the hardcover's release date is September, 30th.

But I do not find any information on the Top Cow's website.

Comment

Originally posted by philos
          But I do not find any information on the Top Cow's website.
          I don't either, philos. Maybe you could post a note to JMS over on the moderated newsgroup?

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

bumping thread

Comic book prices - a european/American comparison.

I've just ordered the complete rising stars collection from amazon.com. I did want to get it from my local Comic Book Store (Forbidden Planet) but...
            1. They only had the softback trades - now not to get down on softback trades, but if I buy a comic I want it to last. I have the collected best of spiderman volumes 1 - 4 on my bookshelf and they are all in hardback (and look great BTW).
            2. These paperback trades (containing 8 issues each) were 20 euro a pop, that's almost $30 each, rounding out the whole thing at $120, almost three times what amazon.com want for the collected harback.

3. If I did get them to do the collected harback for me (ordered from the UK) it would be 45 sterling, or 72 euro. Even with expedited International shipping it's still cheaper to get it form amazon.
            so,
            Do people find it's cheaper to import comics (Especially hardback collecteds) from another country than to buy them at your local store?
            I'm bumping this into the Rising Stars thread because it was this that inspired me to think this way. I tried to support local merchants, but I'm not paying 80% more for the sake of it.
            So,
            any thoughts people?
            Phaze
            on the "still waiting for other stuff to come out" ID
            "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Awhile back I posted that I bought the Rising Stars hardcover (limited slip-cased) edition off of Ebay (which I'm starting to dislike more & more) for CHEAP.

Top Cow released two hardcover editions: 1) regular hardcover containing all 24 issues, and 2) limited slip-cased hardcover edition.

I got free shipping from the Ebay seller. But, you're all the over in Ireland. The seller was offering free shipping for US customers; I don't know about international buyers' costs.

Update: The limited edition I bought retails for $99.99, but I got it for $45.49 & free shipping.

I just checked the Ebay seller, they do ship internationally, but you have to contact them.

I'm not sure if it's within the guidelines of the forum to post an Ebay seller's name and info. Jan?
              Last edited by manwithnoname; 05-25-2006, 10:27 AM.
              "I am just a worthless liar. I am just an embecile. I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well. I will find a center in you; I will chew it up and leave. I will work to elevate you, just enough to bring you down. Why can't we drink forever? I just want to start this over!" TOOL

Comment

<bump>

I'm bumping this thread because of amazon.com delays. I had my order for Rising Stars (HC) tied inot my order for best of spider-man volume 5. That came out in early July. Rather than see that my order for rising stars would need to be done earleir, amazon mailed me to say that the order would be delayed, would I be OK with this? They then shipped BOSM 5 to me separately, despite telling me that this is exactly what they wouldn't do because of the porhibitve cost of international shipping.
                Scr*w it, I went down to one of three comic-book stores in dublin and paid 70 euro for Rising Stars, cancelling my amazon.com order when I got back. Its now sitting shrink-wrapped on my desk tempting me to open it (I won't I'm waiting until I Get it home instead.
                Looking forward to reading all 24 issues though - espsecially after some poeple compared the 4400 with it, I really liekd that show and am still patiently awaitng season 3.
                Phaze
                on the "air in office is funny, feeling kinda dizzy and gonna go for a walk now" ID
                "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Working...
                X