Rising Stars #22 out this month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising Stars #22 out this month?

I received an e-mail last month from Renae Geerlings of Top Cow. She responded to an earlier e-mail of mine asking when the rest of the series would be published, starting this month. The odd this is now, Top Cow doesn't have it listed on their web-site. Does anyone know for sure if it is coming out this month?

Re: Rising Stars #22 out this month?

Originally posted by Hermann
    I received an e-mail last month from Renae Geerlings of Top Cow. She responded to an earlier e-mail of mine asking when the rest of the series would be published, starting this month. The odd this is now, Top Cow doesn't have it listed on their web-site. Does anyone know for sure if it is coming out this month?
    I picked up my copy yesterday. Even though I'd recently reread the earlier ones, I was glad to see that there was a brief synopsis (2 pages) of what had happened in each issue or arc before. This one is called "Phoenix in Ascension - 1 of 3"

It's good. I'm glad to see it back and I can tell I'll be sorry to see it end.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I started buying Rising Stars when the series first came out, about a hundred years ago. I read the first issue and immediately loved it, but was frustrated by having to wait for each issue to get more of the story. Since it was announced in advance as a limited series of 24 issues, I decided I would buy them all and not read anymore until they were all in my grubby little hands. That way I could enjoy the flow of the story and not have to wait for each segment. I did just that, picking up every issue, even the few issues of Bright that came out and held onto to them all. Then the series hit number 21 and stopped.

A few months ago I read that Top Cow/Image would finally publish the last few issues. I realized I might fianally get to read this highly acclaimed tale. Last Thursday I stopped at my local comic dealer and there it was, issue 22. It sat on my table for a few days and finally I broke down. I pulled out all those copies of Rising Stars that I had horded for years and dived in. I finally read about the trials, successes, failures and sorrows of the Specials and I am awed.

I am glad I waited, it would have driven me crazy to wait for years while the story hung there unfinished with no end in sight. But I am glad I finally read it and cannot wait for the final 2 issues.

Thanks Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hammer
        I am glad I waited, it would have driven me crazy to wait for years while the story hung there unfinished with no end in sight. But I am glad I finally read it and cannot wait for the final 2 issues.
        I did something similar to what you did, for exactly the same reason. Not only did it drive me nuts waiting, I was depending on mailorder for my 'fix' of JMS comics. I finally quit getting them until I heard that #22 was coming out. Then I found a reasonably priced set on Ebay of all the previous issues and caught up. It was great reading them straight through. Now I understand why lots of people wait for the graphic novels.

I'm so glad JMS was able to iron out his difficulties with Top Cow. I supported him all the way but it would have been a shame to not have the story finish.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

ARGH!

Diamond Distribution is screwing around with my comics shop and still hasn't shipped this to them!!!!!!!
          Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Originally posted by frulad
            ARGH!

Diamond Distribution is screwing around with my comics shop and still hasn't shipped this to them!!!!!!!
            get a new comic supplier have a copy of #22 maybe they didn`t order you a copy.

Comment

Hey Everyone,
              Never posted before...but just wanted to let everyone know that I have just picked up edition 21 and 22 of Rising Stars from Melbourne, Australia.
              I'm thinking that if I can pick it up here, anyone can get it anywhere, considering that we, here in Australia are the last ones on the earth to get things.
              Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by melbright
                Hey Everyone,
                Never posted before...but just wanted to let everyone know that I have just picked up edition 21 and 22 of Rising Stars from Melbourne, Australia.
                Hi, Melbright!

I just picked up #23 last Wednesday. Only one more issue to go, darnit!

Jan

Comment

rising stars

Hey everyone,
                  Only second time i've posted,
                  At this moment....I'm watching Jeremiah on Free to air here in Melbourne. Australia.Woo Hoo. at 12:30pm (hope everyone see's how NOT good this is? Wot....middle of the night? How NOT good is that)
                  But anyway.....I want so badly to get hold of the last edition of Rising Stars. Does anyone know if it is available in OZ Yet?
                  Luv 2 all.

Comment

Re: rising stars

Originally posted by melbright
                    Hey everyone,
                    Only second time i've posted,
                    At this moment....I'm watching Jeremiah on Free to air here in Melbourne. Australia.Woo Hoo. at 12:30pm (hope everyone see's how NOT good this is? Wot....middle of the night? How NOT good is that)
                    Lousy indeed, Melbright. I hope at least you're getting them in order. Showtime just finished running it here and the skipped episodes and ran them out of order.

But anyway.....I want so badly to get hold of the last edition of Rising Stars. Does anyone know if it is available in OZ Yet?
                    Luv 2 all.
                    So far it's not even out here in the States so I doubt it (or if it is, I'm really jealous). As soon as I hear anything I'll be sure to post.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                    X