No announcement yet.

The Adventures of Apocalypse Al - SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems a bit unnecessary to me, but good on JMS for amending to make his intentions crystal clear. I kinda like a bit of ambiguity, but if it's not the type he’d intended, which it obviously wasn’t… then fair enough!
    Captain John Sheridan: I really *hate* it when you do that.

Kosh: Good!

Comment

JMS linked to a favorite scene from AA #3:

http://www.popmatters.com/post/17983...ocalypse-al-3/

Jan
      "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

I will check out the TPB when it drops. This book looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

This title's only four (oversized) issues so it probably won't be too long. JMS found a great artist for this. Looking forward to seeing what he does with Dream Police, too.

Jan
          "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Reading issue #2 - just on page 3 and there are already a lot of great quotes, but I feel compelled to write one:

"We decide when the end of the world comes, not some nut with an overly ambitious library card."
            Last edited by nottenst; 03-29-2014, 03:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Sad to read the final issue in this run of The Adventures of Apocalypse Al. I loved the entire thing, start to finish. As nottenst said, there are a lot of great quotes throughout. Hope we'll get to see her again soon!

I've loved Sid Kotian's art both in this title and Dream police. Something wierd happened at the end of this issue, though. I don't have the eye to know whether it was a line art or a coloring issue but in several of the panels when Al is in the bathtub her face looks completely inhuman with black blotches in place of facial features. I'm assuming that it was supposed to be illustrating the shadows on her face from the candle light but it really didn't work at all well and at least a couple of those shadows didn't correspond to anything that might have cast a shadow that I could tell.

Minor thing, though, given the great story and overall art.

Jan

Comment

My copy of issue #4 won't arrive for another month, but I just read issue #3. To tell the truth, while the whole business with the troll was a lot of fun, the non-stop Disney attack that followed was a bit much for me. I'm still highly anticipating that final issue and I'll see whether the printing in my issue shows the weird stuff that Jan saw.

Comment

Just found this on Twitter:

Originally posted by @straczynski
                  "do you plan to do more Apocalypse Al?" Almost certainly.
                  Yay!

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    I've loved Sid Kotian's art both in this title and Dream police. Something wierd happened at the end of this issue, though. I don't have the eye to know whether it was a line art or a coloring issue but in several of the panels when Al is in the bathtub her face looks completely inhuman with black blotches in place of facial features. I'm assuming that it was supposed to be illustrating the shadows on her face from the candle light but it really didn't work at all well and at least a couple of those shadows didn't correspond to anything that might have cast a shadow that I could tell.
                    I didn't think the black blotches were that bad, but maybe in my printing they are slightly different. The worst panel was the "what do you want?" one.

Overall it was a great series, though I like the first two issues the most.

I'm glad to see that JMS does plan to give us more. I am looking forward to the next apocalypse from which Al needs save us.

Comment

From the Studio JMS site:

Phase Two is a follow-up, live-action web series that takes Al — a private investigator in the field of the paranormal, who specializes in preventing the end of the world — into new worlds and new dangers. The series is currently slated to air on MTV.com with production to start late in 2013/spring of 2014.

I wonder if this ever happened? I get the feeling a lot of things have been shelved since the success of Sense8.

Comment

Originally posted by Ubik View Post
                        From the Studio JMS site:

Phase Two is a follow-up, live-action web series that takes Al — a private investigator in the field of the paranormal, who specializes in preventing the end of the world — into new worlds and new dangers. The series is currently slated to air on MTV.com with production to start late in 2013/spring of 2014.

I wonder if this ever happened? I get the feeling a lot of things have been shelved since the success of Sense8.
                        No it didn't. Whatever part of MTV was going to do it, they folded so JMS did the comics instead.

Poor Al, first it was an audio drama that was made but never aired in Canada then it was supposed to be a web series. At least we got the comics. And the first issue as audio drama.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                        X