Wonder Woman #600 (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Woman #600 (SPOILERS)

Just to have it ready for tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to seeing what JMS does with this one.

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Why wait until tomorrow? This should get people talking!

Very definite spoilers in the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/30/bo...u8AtwMAqrqQ0Pg

Too early to tell with only one real image but I think I'm going to like it.

Jan
    "Fascism always comes in quietly, holding a flag in one hand and a holy book in the other, inching its way in. The bugles and drums only sound after they've already taken over and believe it's too late to do anything about it." JMS Twitter Dec. 24, 2017

Comment

Just finished reading the Times story and headed over here to post it. Argh! Beat me to it again Jan!

But, yeah, I can't wait to watch a certain segment of comics fandom loose thir collective fudge over this...
      Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

He's an IGN interview with JMS about his plans for Wonder Woman. I thought I would come out of lurking long enough to post it for everyone.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/110/1102826p1.html

Comment

Thanks, Quarxius!

Here's another, this time from CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=26929

Jan

Comment

Bleeding Cool has an article on the negative reaction to the costume redesign. But this is Bleeding Cool, so of course they'll be playing up any controversy....
            Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Wow, you suppose that was really a quote from Mark Waid calling JMS an ego-maniac? I didn't see him say anything bad, I don't think. I can see where somebody might not care for him saying that Diana was overloaded with supporting characters except that's what he's said about pretty much every title he's ever taken over. And that's exactly why I dropped Gail Simone's work on the title: I couldn't figure out what was going on.

Jan

Comment

Nikki Finke doesn't like it at all and takes a 'Men ruined WW' and 'a woman should be writing WW' stance.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/dc-c...-wonder-woman/

Sigh...and I always respected her before.

This is getting funny.

Jan

Comment

Another interview with JMS:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/0...-wonder-woman/

I've got the comic now but haven't had time to read it. Just paging through, though, there's startlingly few clear views of Diana in the new costume. Can't wait to read it! Darn work...

Jan

Comment

I've read up UNTIL the 8 page JMS prologue. The rest of the book so far was pretty lame, honestly. I haven't liked the art that much (except for a few pin ups) and the stories were very shallow and short.

The JMS page I've seen looks like much better art than the rest of the book, but I haven't gotten to the story yet.

And everyone I have come across seems pissed about the costume change. People don't like change.
                    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

I've read the prologue now and I'm about to re-read it in order to absorb some of the nuances of it but one thing had me laughing. It's obvious that JMS knew *exactly* what the reactions were going to be when he named this prologue:

Odyssey: Prologue
                      COUTURE SHOCK

He's an evil man, our JMS...

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        I've read the prologue now and I'm about to re-read it in order to absorb some of the nuances of it but one thing had me laughing. It's obvious that JMS knew *exactly* what the reactions were going to be when he named this prologue:

Odyssey: Prologue
                        COUTURE SHOCK

He's an evil man, our JMS...

Jan
                        Very funny stuff. He just trolled the Wonder Woman readership. I think this will be a very interesting supernatural storyline, which he's good at.
                        Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                        True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
                          Very funny stuff. He just trolled the Wonder Woman readership. I think this will be a very interesting supernatural storyline, which he's good at.
                          It certainly looks like JMS has unleashed a fire storm with some of the more avid fans of Wonder Woman. One anonymous person went so far as to express his outrage by editing the Wikipedia article on JMS.
                          Last edited by Dan Dassow; 07-01-2010, 03:31 PM.

Comment

And yet I don't think many have even read the preview or there'd surely be something about the preview title, wouldn't there?

And then genre fans are outraged because they have such a lousy reputation.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                            X