Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cover for Superman: Earth One has been revealed at NYCC:

ETA: Just found a post on FB that
    The Superman panel revealed that Earth One, Volume Two will be out by the end of the year.
    Yay!

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 10-15-2011, 12:50 PM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Sadly, most of the other reports I've seen indicate that Volume 2 will by out in the fall of *next* year. Sigh...

However, JMS posted this evening that Volume One has won the Diamond Gem award for graphic novel.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/597/105704

The Gem Awards are selected in a three-step process that is based on quality, creativity, and their overall sales impact. Nominees were selected by a panel of Diamond industry professionals from all products shipped in 2010 and then voted on by the most critical segment that serves the comic book-buying public ù comic book specialty retailers across the United States and abroad.
      Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

JMS posted a link to some of the artwork:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2012/01...û-volume-two/

I don' wanna wait until fall! Don' wanna! I want instant gratification right now!

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          JMS posted a link to some of the artwork:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2012/01...û-volume-two/

I don' wanna wait until fall! Don' wanna! I want instant gratification right now!

Jan
          I was just thinking about how like, nothing JMS exciting has happened in a long time. I guess there's Captain Power DVDs, but there's only so much excitement I can have over stuff he wrote 25 years ago being rereleased.
          Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
          True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

^
            well the Twelve being finished is pretty exciting I think; #9 comes out next month!

Comment

A fan found this on Amazon:
              This title will be released on November 6, 2012.
              And posted on JMS' Facebook page to ask if it was official and JMS just posted:

Originally posted by Fans of J. Michael Straczynski
              Looks like.
              I could wish it were sooner but it's nice to know.

Jan

Comment

A couple more pages of art:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...rth-one-vol-2/

To celebrate its Superman Facebook page surpassing 2 million ôlikes,ö DC Comics has revealed two more pages from the second volume of Superman: Earth One, the bestselling 2010 graphic novel by J. Michael Straczynski and Shane Davis. Set for release Nov. 6, the original graphic novel will introduce a new Parasite as the primary antagonist, and focus on the Man of Steel attempting to determine his place in the world ù all while the world does the same.
                Jan

Comment

I really liked Red Comet's comment in the link.
                  RIP Coach Larry Finch
                  Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
                  Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

Originally posted by WillieStealAndHow View Post
                    I really liked Red Comet's comment in the link.
                    S: EO is way ahead of Batman: Earth One. The first of those is only due out in July. And they were announced at the same time.

Jan

Comment

Yeah. But for the general comics fan, the gap between releases for Supes Earth One is massive. For those of us who follow JMS, it's understandable since there's a lot on his plate and the communication with the fans is helpful.

But I thought a lot more titles would have been out. So far, the Earth One imprint makes Image Comics appear timely with their releases.
                      Last edited by David Panzer; 05-24-2012, 10:11 PM.
                      RIP Coach Larry Finch
                      Thank you Memphis Grizzlies for a great season.
                      Play like your fake girlfriend died today - new Notre Dame motivational sign

Comment

I don't get the feeling that it takes JMS to write these books. But finding an artist to draw an entire graphic novel's worth of material is another story.

Comment

Looking back a bit, JMS posted that he'd turned in the final pages of script back on August 21st or 22nd and at that time he thought it might be released this spring. So it may be that they wanted Batman to come out first and maybe that they wanted Superman to catch the holiday shopping season.

One of the few downsides of interacting with creators online is knowing when they've finished something but still having to wait for whatever distribution is involved. See above for demands for instant gratification right NOW!

Jan

Comment

You mean, like The 12?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
                              You mean, like The 12?
                              No, because JMS didn't finish it until it was ready to be drawn (though I thought at one point that he had). Or at least if there was a year + wait after he'd finished writing it, I don't recall.

Jan

Comment

Thanks to Jason for the heads-up: Superman: Earth One Volume 2 is now available for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Jan

Comment

Working...
                                X