No announcement yet.

JMS writing Superman *&* Wonder Woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't realize Huff Po was covering comics now...
    Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

OMG, Wonder Woman?

My wife will "SQUEE" when she hears that. Even louder than I did when I heard about Superman.
      "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid." -- Quantum Crook, Casey and Andy Webcomic

Comment

IGN has announced who'll be doing the pencils for JMS' Superman:

Eddy Barrows, the artist who will be tackling the Free Comic Book Day War of the Superman #0, as well as the covers to the weekly four-issue event, will be the lucky penciller stepping aboard the Superman series. DC indicates JMS and Barrows have a story planned for a part of Superman #700, which ships in June, and then fully take over the series starting with July's #701.
        Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Doom Shepherd View Post
          OMG, Wonder Woman?

My wife will "SQUEE" when she hears that. Even louder than I did when I heard about Superman.
          Interesting this word squee is.

Dan Dassow

Comment

Looks like the art team for JMS' Wonder Woman has been announced. There's also a small indication of where JMS will be jumping off from here.

I'm so looking forward to this!! I used to love WW and was disappointed when I couldn't get into it when it started up again a year or so ago.

Jan

ETA: More detailed example of art can be found here.
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

And now The Source has the cover artist as well as the regular artist set for Superman with an image of the cover of #701.

So all you regular comics buyers of non-JMS stuff...what can you tell us about the WW and Supes artists?

Jan

Comment

Squee sounds kinda dirty without context there haha.

As far as Jan's questions on the artists: John Cassaday is probably one of the top artists in comics, and definitely one of my favorites. He did Joss Whedon's original Astonishing X-Men run and "Planetary" in terms of what he's famous for.

I'm not super familiar with Eddy Barrows.
                Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

I found a great resource for a "who's done what" bibliography site that's pretty comprehensive. http://www.comicbookdb.com

For instance, I type in Eddy Barrows into the search...look to where it lists "creators" and http://www.comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=2210

Site is buggy and crashes sometimes is the only issue.
                  Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                  True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Newsarama has an interview with Don Kramer on his new gig drawing Wonder Woman.

I'm a little surprised that he hasn't drawn anything on the new book yet. I always assumed that there was more lead time. That explains how books can run late.

Jan

Comment

Artist Shane Davis Soars W/ DC, SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE

By Brendan McGuirk
                      posted: 19 May 2010 01:07 pm ET

When Shane Davis erupted onto the scene, he brought a fan-friendly, explosively powerful visual style that seemed destined for blockbuster superhero storytelling. Over the past few years, he's delivered on that potential with eye-popping work, particularly with writers Mike Johnson and Michael Green on Superman/ Batman: The Search for Kryptonite, and industry titan Geoff Johns on Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns. A longtime DC exclusive artist, Davis has now re-upped his exclusivity, and this fall he will take a new leap, providing visuals for the continuity-liberated Superman: Earth One original graphic novel, written by J. Michael Straczynski.

We caught up with Davis to pick his brain on his contributions to the vast Green Lantern mythos, find out how Superman: Earth One is coming along, and got the lowdown on his loyalty to DC. ...

Newsarama: Speaking of high-profile projects, you're working on Superman: Earth One with J. Michael Straczynski. What's it been like to work on such a long project, where your not seeing the work published as quickly? Does it build anticipation?

Shane Davis: Funny that you ask, I actually finished last week. It was probably smoother for me to handle this book then I expected. It was a lot of fun in creative ways, like for example, drawing Superman using his powers. I tried giving his abilities a different effect, that was a lot of fun. JMS is the man. The script was perfect and fans are in for such a treat. ...

Comment

Working...
                      X