Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom Shepherd
    replied
    ...and my email from amazon finally came. The book is in the mail, should be here Tuesday (obvious Star Trek: Generations joke deleted.)

Now, I only have to hope that it is not "misplaced" by the helpful monkeys at my local post office.

Man, do I wish amazon still used UPS all the time. There's nothing like two-day shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I think it may be a Top Cow thing. IIRC, there was a 'Volume 1' on one of my Midnight Nation collections, too, even though the entire collection was in the one book.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Well there it was, both hardback and softcover sitting in the comic book store over the weekend.

Question:

Why is this Rising Stars Compendium called Volume 1? What are we to expect in volume 2 after getting all of the main series and spin-off comics in volume 1?

Leave a comment:

• FrogMan
    replied
    and I received my copy of the softcover yesterday!

But dang, that's an intimidating book if there ever was one...

FM

Leave a comment:

• FrogMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Doom Shepherd View Post
    Amazon.ca actually sends you an email when they're preparing to ship? Cool. US Amazon never sends me email unless they've shipped... or there's a problem.
    even better than that, they send you an email to let you know that they are still trying to obtain a copy of an item.

I ordered it on February 4 with two other books. One of these two was 1-2 months delivery and the other I didn't mind if I got very late. They sent me an email on March 19 saying they were still trying to find copies of that one book and of the Compendium. Funny enough, March 23, they sent me a second email to let me know they were shipping those two books and that the Compendium remained not yet shipped.

April 18, another email to let me know they were still trying to obtain a copy of the Compendium.

April 27, email saying they were getting the book ready to ship.

TODAY! 3:58pm eastern, a final email to say IT HAS SHIPPED!!!! WEEHEE!!!

Sorry, don't want to rub it in anybody's face, just very stoked about finally getting a chance to read it. Yeah, I've never read it. I've only been into comics for a couple of years though.

In my to read pile is also the softcover of the new edition of Midnight Nation.

FM

FM

Leave a comment:

• Doom Shepherd
    replied
    Originally posted by FrogMan View Post
    I just registered to this forum for the sole purpose of telling you that I just received an email from amazon.ca telling me that they are getting ready to ship my order for the softcover of the Rising Stars compendium. Woohoo!

I had ordered it back a year or so ago, then cancelled it and reordered it back in February this year when talks started showing up that it would eventually ship.
    Amazon.ca actually sends you an email when they're preparing to ship? Cool. US Amazon never sends me email unless they've shipped... or there's a problem.

Which probably explains whi I haven't gotten any email about the Compendium (heck, the site still says "get on our list to be emailed when this is available," and I ordered the darn thing back in '07!

Leave a comment:

• Chris Nolan.ca
    replied
    The softcover ($59.99) is indeed due in store tomorrow. The hardcover ($99.99) came out last week.

You can check out a 50 *50!?!* page preview (i.e. the first two issues) if you want a refresher. It looks like it's using one of the old trade's introductions by Neil Gaiman too if you've never seen that, you can read it there too.

Rising Stars Compendium Preview.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Hi FrogMan and welcome. Thanks for looking out for us.

I'll have to see if my comics shop has this. It's been a long time since I read it.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• FrogMan
    replied
    I just registered to this forum for the sole purpose of telling you that I just received an email from amazon.ca telling me that they are getting ready to ship my order for the softcover of the Rising Stars compendium. Woohoo!

I had ordered it back a year or so ago, then cancelled it and reordered it back in February this year when talks started showing up that it would eventually ship.

This thread here has been my source of information for the last couple of months so I just thought I'd share a source for the book for canadian shoppers. The book is indeed in stock.

FM

Leave a comment:

• Doom Shepherd
    replied
    And the SC is set for the 29th.

Now, here's hoping amazon gets it together.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Nolan.ca
    replied
    Yeppers -- it is set to be in stores this week!

The softcover was updated last week to be out next week -- but that of course won't be confirmed until next week.

Leave a comment:

• Doom Shepherd
    replied
    Well, I'll be dipped.

My comic store guy's "upcoming" list, posted this morning, says that the Rising Stars HC will be out on the 15th.

FINALLY!

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    well I have the hardback release form top cow and am running out of comic shelf space therefore amn loath to purchase an additional (and huge) graphic novel when I already have what, 80% of the conent?

still I have been known to spend silly money on B5 stuff before so don't hlp me to that.
    Phaze
    on the "not dead, just lurking a lot, try catching me on msn some time" ID

Leave a comment:

• Doom Shepherd
    replied
    Originally posted by derek View Post
    Topcow's website says the RS Compendium HC will be available 1 Apr 2009 and the SC will be available 29 Apr 2009. *Fingers crossed*

I'll believe it when I hold it in my cold, dead hands.

How's that for a quotational mashup?

Leave a comment:

• raw_bean
    replied
    April Fool's day? Uh-oh!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X